epos m12.2 with Unison Research Unico. good idea?

indietronic

May 21, 2008
Visit site
hi i'm about to put aside my good ol'nad 3100 integrated amplifier and buy a Unison Research Unico .

how will it match my epos m12.2 speakers (is the unico's "horsepower" enough to "move" epos bookshelf speakers which have a 87dB sensitivitiy) ? i had once listened some eposes with a hybrid unison i do remember that the result was very good. moreover i know that the unico amp is 80Watts @ 8?hms. how many watts does it go @ 4Ohms ?

anyway it's a bargain unfortunately i cannot test it , i want some better analogue medium freq., a tighter bass and some overall more musical sound + soundstage (to match epos' musicality) .. you think i should go on and get it?

T

the record spot

God knows how it'll pair up, but if it doesn't work, dump the speakers. That's a top amp for the money.

A

Anonymous

Great amp, lovely and smooth with excellent mids. The compromise, warm bass. It could do with a little more control really. I heard it with Dynaudio Focus 110 and Audience 52 which are both current hungry speakers. It sounded divine and I believe it will marry to the EPOS very well.

T

the record spot

OK, it's nearly a top amp for the money. Brilliant knobs though.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

You said it. Heard it with some Sonus Faber Domus Concertos when demoing the Marantz SA 7001 I subsequently bought - fabulous.

Not sure how it would go with the Epos, though. I have some ESL 3s, and if they represent the house sound, you could do better.

indietronic

May 21, 2008
Visit site
igglebert:Great amp, lovely and smooth with excellent mids. The compromise, warm bass. It could do with a little more control really. I heard it with Dynaudio Focus 110 and Audience 52 which are both current hungry speakers. It sounded divine and I believe it will marry to the EPOS very well.

quite encouraging since the former's sensitivity is 85dB at 2.83V at 1m with nominal 4-ohm impedance while the latter's is 86dB.

what about the valves , does anyone know how much they cost , where can i buy and how far can i go by changing valves ?

A

Anonymous

indietronic:
igglebert:Great amp, lovely and smooth with excellent mids. The compromise, warm bass. It could do with a little more control really. I heard it with Dynaudio Focus 110 and Audience 52 which are both current hungry speakers. It sounded divine and I believe it will marry to the EPOS very well.

quite encouraging since the former's sensitivity is 85dB at 2.83V at 1m with nominal 4-ohm impedance while the latter's is 86dB.

Well, yes and no. I was using those speakers as near-field monitors and it was a tiny room.

indietronic

May 21, 2008
Visit site
80watts at 8 ohms i guess it'll be good, mine (nad 3100) is 60wpc and it plays quiet loud... moreover i like unison's hybrid musicality...

A

Anonymous

Hi,

can you PM me or describe how sounded Dyn Focus 110 with Unison Research Unico.

I have dyn focus 110 speakers and was thinking about buyin this amp in order to drive them. Do you think Epos or Dyn focus is better match?

I do worry about not controled bass with focus and unico.

Regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts