Meridian Director USB DAC Announced

CustomCable

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Merdian Audio have just announced the Director DAC which follows on from the success of the Explorer. Offering more flexibility with the added extra inputs such as toslink and coaxial the Director also adds Meridians advanced upsampling and apodizing filter which the explorer didn't have.

Vortex160

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
It looks similar to the meridian source 200,

Though it might be too early for this but has anybody compared it with the audiolab m dac ? on a purely sound quality basis ignoring the m dac's preamp feature and the number of additional inputs

kenniGT

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Vortex. I have compared it to M-Dac. Got M-Dac a month ago and could not understantad why it got such a good reviews. No bass control whatsoever. Was not sure if my opinin is correct so I went to Sevenoaks to test and to find out what to do to improve my system, RX6, caspian m2 and M-Dac. And the answer was mDac. To be honest I had a lot of trust in M-Dac from what I heard about it plus awards... But reality is different. With my setup M-Dac could not control lower end and every song was falling apart. After pluging Meridian Director suddenly whole system started to work. You were just listen and you could start enjoy music. I am not an expert so do not want to say more, but I have a feeling it will be another star around DACs. And this time, maybe true star.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts