Meridian contacts?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
woollyjoe:Fortunately I'm not an editor... changing a forum name - you might as well just remove the forum thread all together. Something I don't think is right as well as missed opportunities

Fortunately we're not so short of traffic that we need to attract it with thread titles based on speculation and misinformation.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
this is comedy gold.

without speaking for WHF, being neither a journalist nor a marking profffessional, I imagine it's in the interest of WHF as a respectable publication not to engage in sensationalist headline grabbing. While the OP had a query and concern, it was a little OTT to jump to the "administration" with no evidence other than "can't get through to them on the phone" to go on.

I imagine it underscores the difference between factual integrity and marketing bumpf. Like the newspaper running a "POPSTAR DEAD! [more details on page 2" headline, and page two beginning "...tired after playing too many tour dates recently".

While the thread as originally titled may bring in more custom, it's unfair to meridian and cheats the punters. Perhaps we all may get a warm feeling if we read the entire thing properly, but not everyone will, and the risk of someone reading the thread title only, and then deciding to avoid meridian in future is very real.

Personally, I wouldn't trust that Freddie Starr within 500m of my hamster.

A

Anonymous

there is no misinformation - someone had a question and an honest one. Are you saying that if the question is not to your liking you will change it in this forum? I can't help feeling you've missed the point of a forum and missed the point of what Meridian did by responding rapidly.

Your response also sounds arrogant, and as you don't need customers, I'm happy to take mine elsewhere if this is how you feel?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts