Meridian contacts?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Audio T dealer has been trying to contact Meridian for the last three weeks without success re a repair enquiry. Does anyone know if Meridian have gone into Administration given that there is apparently no way of contacting the company.

A

Anonymous

have you tried ringing them yourself the numbers on their website

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
We have had no suggestion of any such situation, and it seems strange to make such an assumption based on the reported problems your retailer has had contacting the company.

A

Anonymous

My dealer tells me that the telephone numbers simply go round in circles. In my experience this characteristic is consistent with company's which face difficult trading/financial issues, hence the question?

I can not email the company as it requests clients to contact their dealers. After three weeks my dealer has asked me if I can find a telephone number.

Do you have access to any other numbers or emails other than those posted on the website?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hmmm... I think your dealer's being a tad lame, to be honest - strange for Audio-T, who have a great reputation.

I'll email Meridian's PR company a link to this thread and get back to you (Monday, i'd expect).

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Boss, already done, and I've heard back from Meridian's PR person Andy Giles, who says:

"This is absolute nonsense and nothing could be further from the truth.

"Meridian has a swathe of new and brilliantly innovative products due for launch in 2010 and is currently enjoying an excellent trading period despite the depressed global economy."

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Meridian62:My dealer tells me that the telephone numbers simply go round in circles. In my experience this characteristic is consistent with company's which face difficult trading/financial issues, hence the question?

In which case I can tell you of at least two insurance companies, three banks and several online retailers who you'd consider to be on the point of collapse. Oh, and British Gas, too...

Meridian62:After three weeks my dealer
has asked me if I can find a telephone number.

Assuming this is a Meridian retailer, you're joking, right?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
And furthermore, from Meridian CMO Graeme Taylor:

"I can categorically state that Meridian is not in administration, quite the opposite, we have seen strong growth in a number of key markets this year, opened the first dedicated Meridian showroom and we are currently in the process of finalising a number of new products for release at CES in January.

"I can only assume that dealer was unable to contact us following the implementation of a new automated phone system! We have advised our dealers of the new dedicated phone number for sales and tech. support so I have no idea why they cannot get through.

"If 'Meridian 62' would advise us of the Audio T store in question we will ensure that they have the correct numbers."

A

Anonymous

The store is based in Cardiff when calling please ask for Peter.

A

Anonymous

To be fair to the original poster - since most of the replies to his thread seem to be rather defensive - people should bear in mind that a lot of folk out there have suffered a huge failure of confidence in - well, a lot of stuff - over the past 18 months: when your top high street banks are on the brink of collapse and have to be bailed out by the taxpayer (that's you and me) to the tune of hundreds of billions, then frankly anything is possible. Additionally, a severe eye-opener to naive and credulous individuals like myself has been the amount that most businesses in this country are founded entirely on mountains of debt. So, in the circumstances, don't knock the poor guy if his dealer can't make contact with his favourite company. Be grateful that he's still interested in buying luxury stuff like hifi.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Certainly not knocking the OP, but rather his dealer, for starting such ill-founded rumours without making the effort to a) find out the truth and (more importantly) serve his customer effectively.

A

Anonymous

Something I have had experience with twice, so don't blame OP for asking. What is great, is that WHF work very hard to support their community and Meridian care enough about every customer to take the time to get involved.

so hopefully, OP is very confident now in his Meridian relationship in spite of his dealer. Wonder if Audio T take this much care to listen; will we see a response on this forum?

Ant takers?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
woollyjoe:Ant takers?

361px-Tamandua_anteater_Costa_Rica.jpg
???

BTW thanks to Meridian and its PR company for coming up with answers so swiftly on a Saturday evening...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
woollyjoe: Something I have had experience with twice, so don't blame OP for asking.

Fair enough but he could have just titled the thread "Does anyone have a phone number for Meridian", it wouldn't have caused quite the same level of panic.

A

Anonymous

Ok now that's out of the way, what about the new Meridian products for 2010.... any ideas?

jules.

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:
woollyjoe: Something I have had experience with twice, so don't blame OP for asking.

Fair enough but he could have just titled the thread "Does anyone have a phone number for Meridian", it wouldn't have caused quite the same level of panic.

Yep, the thread should be renamed to avoid anyone skimming the forum to get the wrong idea.

jules.

A

Anonymous

as a marketing proffessional, I would want to leave this as is. So i read that Meridian may be in admin? I read the article and see what a great PR job Meridian has done and how well they will have taken care of an existing customer.

You rename the thread and you take away that opportunity that Meridan has. This is worth more money to them than buying ads in WHF.

A

Anonymous

732 people viewed this and all would have been fully engaged and left feeling positive about brand. Now you have renamed this, expect this to drop off.

Just whilst i got my marketing hat on too - WHF could get more traffic and potentially new audiences from this too. So i look in Google for Meridian and this is hot gossip and more and more look at it so it raises the profile of WHF for "meridian" and everyone wins.

A

Anonymous

Fortunately I'm not an editor... changing a forum name - you might as well just remove the forum thread all together. Something I don't think is right as well as missed opportunities

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts