Media player that uses memory sticks

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have around 120gb of music on itunes, which we use for my partners ipod. I've acquired a number of usb memory sticks over the years and I've copied the files from itunes to these and play them in my car through the car stereo. On those occasions when I'm travelling by train I'd like to have a media player that I could plug a memory stick into, i.e. a player that doesn't have memory itself but just converts the files from the memory stick into music I can listen to. Does such a thing exist? I could buy a cheap player but I don't want to have to change the tracks on it regularly, which I would have to do as the memory available tends to be pretty small. As I have all my tracks already on memory sticks it would be great to ne able to just swap these over when I fancy a change.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

I guess from the lack of replies that such a thing doesn't exist.

I assume this is because manufacturers don't think there would be a market for such a thing, but I don't see why not. As I see it, the problem with media players is that there is only really one choice if you want a reasonable amount of storage for a reasonable price - the ipod. All the cheaper options have comparatively small storage so anyone with a large music collection would either have to buy several of them or regularly change the selection of tracks. A media player that used memory sticks would allow selections to be changed with little bother and presumably they could be manufactured at low cost.

Who's with me? Or am I alone in my need for this fantastically innovative product?

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
ceep:
I guess from the lack of replies that such a thing doesn't exist.

I assume this is because manufacturers don't think there would be a market for such a thing, but I don't see why not. As I see it, the problem with media players is that there is only really one choice if you want a reasonable amount of storage for a reasonable price - the ipod. All the cheaper options have comparatively small storage so anyone with a large music collection would either have to buy several of them or regularly change the selection of tracks. A media player that used memory sticks would allow selections to be changed with little bother and presumably they could be manufactured at low cost.

Who's with me? Or am I alone in my need for this fantastically innovative product?

The ipod is certainly not in a class of one. Look at Creative, Sony, Microsoft, Cowon, iRiver, Archos etc...

The problem I reckon with what you're after is its not needed. You want large capacity, get a HDD player, you want mediium capacity, get a SSD player.
And even a low capacity (1 GB) player now can store at least 10 high quality MP3/etc albums
I think the days of fannying around with separate media, are behind us....thankfully.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts