iTunes being a pain.

nads

So I have music on my phone. I go replace all in iTunes and I end up with loads of music that will not play in the car in apple car play.

was fine untill I thought I would change the music on the phone to a fresh lot from my PC.

I select downloaded in Music On carplay which is meant to only play music on the phone.

thoughts?

or a better program to use to populate the phone?

I may be wrong because this stuff confuses the heck out of me too. But Apple Music is different to iTunes isn’t it? iTunes was what I had on a laptop back in the era of the iPod, but I thought that disappeared. Music comes on new iThings, like the iPad I’m typing this on.

What isn’t playing, exactly? Anything from the phone, just the old iTunes stuff, or the new Music stuff?

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
Not enough info. to understand what the problem is.
Apple Car play is for Apple devices only, so I assume you are using an Apple iPhone?
But you mention iTunes (which no longer exists in the Apple world and will soon be going away on Windows) and you mention your PC.
Are you downloading music to your iPhone from a PC and trying to play it using Apple Car Play?

Reactions: nopiano

nads

iTunes still exists and still gets updated and should still behave as it has always.

as a means to populate music on your phone or even work for playback on a pc.

you still have the itunes store app on your phones etc.

might have to try the iPod playback on the headunit.

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
"should still behave as it has always"! seriously?
After updates, Apple apps on Apple devices don't even behave as always, so expecting PC to Apple to work as always is a bit optimistic.
For Apple users iTunes went away in 2019 and it is being phased out on Windows (starting this month). It is not available for Windows 11.
They are still using the term 'iTunes' for those who don't know what is going on.
iTunes updates are for those still living with old operating systems, which can cause all kinds of issues as Microsoft and Apple are constantly rolling out new security and copyright protections.
It gets to a point where we are forced into updating all of our operating systems.
Incidentally, iTunes has never worked well on PC's. You think Apple wants to play nice with Microsoft? They want you to go out and buy Apple gear!

Reactions: DougK1

nads

Ohh so even though apple are still updating the original iTunes they have split it into two. Or even three. With Music,TV and iTunes for pod casts.

this is either going to be fun or a train wreck.

TRENDING THREADS