MDAC Filter Settings ???

Kubs

Nov 8, 2007
Visit site
Can anyone please tell me the point of the filter settings on the MDAC? I'm struggling to notice major differences as I move through the settings - or are they meant to be subtle changes .... ?

It feels like I'm almost convincing myself that there is a slight nuance in the sound - I even played the same song for each setting ..... I dont see the point.

What Hi Fi - which setting did you settle on in your review?

Cheers,

A

Anonymous

You know, I was thinking of writing exactly the same post, but for the Rega DAC. There is a detectable difference on the Rega, just not enough to actually allow me to quite decide if I prefer one over the other. Music won out in the end so I leave it on 1 and get on with it.

Kubs

Nov 8, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the reply SteveD. I agree through - the music sounds amazing - its the best upgrade I've ever made!

It would have been useful to have more detail in the user guide and a clear indication of which setting is the 'basic' setting .... no frills, no fuss ...

Maybe someone who will produce outline what each setting does.

Kubs said:
Can anyone please tell me the point of the filter settings on the MDAC? I'm struggling to notice major differences as I move through the settings - or are they meant to be subtle changes .... ? It feels like I'm almost convincing myself that there is a slight nuance in the sound - I even played the same song for each setting ..... I dont see the point. What Hi Fi - which setting did you settle on in your review? Cheers,

I think the minimum phase setting is considered to be 'bog standard' and the other settings have very subtle changes. There is a review of MDAC in the latest Hi-Fi Choice mag that explains them in a little more detail.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts