MCRU Rhodium Fuse

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gray

Thank f*$! for that!

I think I've given up on deciphering the forum's SOH...
Read the Christian and Surname a few times quickly Simon........
that's how seriously he takes himself.
There are only a few of us who are normal. It takes all sorts .
There's even one nutter on here who collects meteorites 🤪
(See, you're learning about twisted 'humour')
You need to look for clues, though I must admit I'm having a bit of trouble with Dom here and this fuse lark. Look at the original post for example.
He's either being mildly amusing, sarcastically pointing out how ***king ridiculous the idea is.
Or he's genuinely, worryingly deluded. I like him so I hope, for his sake, that it's the former.

Read the Christian and Surname a few times quickly Simon........
that's how seriously he takes himself.
There are only a few of us who are normal. It takes all sorts .
There's even one nutter on here who collects meteorites 🤪
(See, you're learning about twisted 'humour')

I had picked up the 'My C*%!' reference - sufficiently lacking in subtlety that even I was in no doubt!

Most have chemistry and structure that mean they are from what is now the asteroid belt. I do have three classified Martians and a lunar, but this is an unclassified, an H5 or H6 if I had to guess. Clearly not planetary or major asteroidal as it is undifferentiated - i.e. you can see the flecks of iron/nickel in it.

That one was about £60, but some of them are rather steeper. There are also a few blanks in the shelves marked as FFC as they are either ludicrously rare or unobtainable. The first F is Fat, and the C is Chance...

Dom

Well, I think it's incredible that we can classify what look like pretty rocks, that actually come from outerspace. You should turn that into a mortar and petal to grind some herbs in. Might get some other worldly vibes next time you eat. :0

Gray

I'm not sure that fun is quite the word, but it does reconnect you with that sense of wonder that you tend to find is dulled by growing up. This is one use as a paperweight!

View attachment 1048
Just amazing to think about how that was formed, how old it is and where it's been.
Everything about space and the universe is mind boggling and fascinating.

Just amazing to think about how that was formed, how old it is and where it's been.
Everything about space and the universe is mind boggling and fascinating.

Iron meteorites fascinate me, because they come from the differentiated cores of bodies that were big and long-lasting enough to have differentiated (denser iron/nickel settling to form a core as per Earth etc), but which were subsequently destroyed and scattered, only to end up on Earth. We know far more about the cores of these failed planets than we do about our own. Some contain structures that take millions of years to form, too.

And then there are Pallasites, which were the boundary between metallic cores and rocky mantles of these failed planets.

And ones with pre-solar grains, that's to say content formed long before the solar system. Murchison was recently found to have inclusions that seem to be 7bn yo - 2.5 bn before the solar system formed (and more than half the age of the universe!)

But hey, we stray off topic - my apologies.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts