MCRU Rhodium Fuse

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 160668

I have one nice power cord, Chord Super Screen. I put a Rhodium plated fuse in there.
You should try Russ Andrews or MCRU fuses to start with. Then buy Synergistic Research Quantum, proper expensive fuses.
I've tried RA power cords. Whilst they float some peoples boat. Made diddly-squat difference for me and promptly got moved on.

I may therefore be biased, but RA kit doesn't do it for me. Plus he's "invented" some of the most ludicrous things I've ever heard of.

MCRU on the other hand...

My conditions on going down rabbit holes are its pos to recoup my cash if it's a pile of b*llocks and the therefore I can easily move it on.

I've gone through soooooo many amps speakers and tweaks in the past few years. It's fun. Lost no cash really either.

D

Deleted member 188516

I've tried RA power cords. Whilst they float some peoples boat. Made diddly-squat difference for me and promptly got moved on.

I may therefore be biased, but RA kit doesn't do it for me. Plus he's "invented" some of the most ludicrous things I've ever heard of.

MCRU on the other hand...

My conditions on going down rabbit holes are its pos to recoup my cash if it's a pile of b*llocks and the therefore I can easily move it on.

I've gone through soooooo many amps speakers and tweaks in the past few years. It's fun. Lost no cash really either.

i like how russ andrews gives you 60 days to trial one of his powerkords but not so much how they state that they need several weeks to "burn in"...unless you opt for his "super burn in" treatment at £100 a cable !

Jimboo

I don't understand why anyone demo's a system , pays their hard earned for it and then thinks that snake oil must make it better. Why didn't you just demo another component or ask yourself why the manufacturer doesn't put the super tweaks in the production models. Fools and their money.

Jimboo

What, the graph readings etc , you may be right . Given the profit margins it would be a good idea to fit them if they make a difference. You really hear something Dom?
Logic tells me how the information is read and conveyed will make a difference rather than anything in the power supply. Other countries have different volts and no fuses on cords etc. So any fuse benefits in the components would surely be a consideration in those markets. I seem to be alone in being happy with my system.

Jimboo

It's probably not as significant as I make out.

I am also alone in being happy with my system.
You edited your post!
Genuinely interested, how did you find the power cord you said you had. I have a Tacima board. I have used it on my system , t.v and naim qb. I didn't hear or see anything that made a difference. Did you.

D

Deleted member 160668

You edited your post!
Genuinely interested, how did you find the power cord you said you had. I have a Tacima board. I have used it on my system , t.v and naim qb. I didn't hear or see anything that made a difference. Did you.
I too have a Tacima. In my current house, I couldn't say if it does make any odds. I've used it by default since we moved.

On our old flat it made a VERY significant and noticeable difference, that could be picked out easily, every time, when switching back and forth.

Mike Hunt

Jan 22, 2020
Visit site
I wired 30 of the 30A offerings in parallel, and fitted them between the battery and the starter motor on my car. Now when I turn the key, I can barely hear the starter motor turning. The car also starts a lot faster, and I get an extra 12mpg.

better-fuel-economy.jpg

And please don't call BS if you haven't tried it. I know what I heard, and with the money I will be saving on fuel, I can afford to buy these fuses for all of my electrical goods. I can't wait to try them in the Kango.

Reactions: abacus

Dom

Just like all hifi equipment, even though they sounded good from the very first power on. They will have a long burn-in time, before they sound there best. I am enjoying the sound they produce for now.

I wired ************************************** on my car. Now when I turn the key, I can barely hear the starter motor turning. The car also starts a lot faster, and I get an extra 12mpg.

And please don't call BS if you haven't tried it. I know what I heard, and with the money I will be saving on fuel, I can afford to buy these fuses for all of my electrical goods. I can't wait to try them in the Kango.

Erm, didn't you call bs on something you hadn't tried?

Are you saying you've ********** on your car and got a 12mpg improvement?

Last edited:
I'm going to do you a favour here - you'll see I've redacted my quoting you.

If you have managed to do what you say, you needn't worry about the cost of fuses, you're set for life. Delete what you've posted and get on to the manufacturer at the highest level. If you can show them how to do what you claim you've done, they'll be happy to throw shedloads of cash in your direction (obviously getting a contract in place first). In fact, I know someone who is reasonably high up at JLR - I'll happily pass your details on if you want.

Economy is massively important to car manufacturers and EU regs mean they are fined for exceeding fleet CO2 averages, and there's a straightforward relationship between consumption and emissions. A 12mpg decrease in consumption across a fleet is literally worth millions to a car manufacturer. They have spent vast sums on emissions technologies, direct injection, cylinder deactivation, lean-burning modes, coasting etc etc. None of these things yields anything like a 12mpg improvement.

But sod what the car's onboard electronics say, you have tinkered with them anyway so they have to be viewed as compromised. You need to test it, as you suggest I did with the weights: brim the car, drive normally and then work out your consumption manually. See how what you are getting compares with previous experience and manufacturer's figures.

If this is real, and you will detect the greatest scepticism on my part, this could be a life-changing moment for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Hunt
D

Deleted member 108165

Thank f*$! for that!

I think I've given up on deciphering the forum's SOH...
Don't give up. Mike posts some really good points on here... but he also posts some tantalising fakes too. Some of us can decipher his wit a mile off, unfortunately you don't seem to be able to :)

I think most of us thought that your lead weights/CDP posts were a wind-up too... but were wrong :unsure:

It's a nice balance on here from humour through to super-serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dom and Mike Hunt

TRENDING THREADS