Maybe I Should Curb My Spending ??

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Well having only owned my Planar 3 for a week.......I have managed to buy 40 albums in as much time. These acquisitions have been a combination of Charity Shops and Ebay and have actually managed to gain some excellent bargains (one of my local charity shops is selling second hand albums at 49p each)

Latest acquisitions have included a 1970 copy of The Doors' - Morrison Hotel / Hard Rock Cafe in pristine condition for £10.00 (the last one I bid on went for £26.00) and original recording of Wishbone Ash - Argus for £3.00.

I never realised or thought that buying Vinyl could be so addictive, especially when you pay vitually nothing for an LP that is in excellent condition and plays perfectly with not crackles or pops on your turntable.

However I am coming to the conclusion that my Bank Manager or Other Half will only humour this new found obsession for so long [:(] Especially bearing in mind I now want to upgrade my Amplifier and speakers to make the most of my turntable.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Set yourself boundaries: If you buy an album (or 40!) tell yourself you're not allowed to buy any more until you've listened to ALL of the ones you've bought already.

I've done this with blu-rays, the rate I watch movies these days I might as well send my blu-ray player back...

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:Set yourself boundaries: If you buy an album (or 40!) tell yourself you're not allowed to buy any more until you've listened to ALL of the ones you've bought already. I've done this with blu-rays, the rate I watch movies these days I might as well send my blu-ray player back...

Well that's the problem...I work for myself from home, so I usually have my music on whilst I am working.....hence when the postman come a calling.....the LP goes straight on the Turntable :)

However I think I do need to set myself a monetary limit month by month for buying vinyl and CD's

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Jason36:
the_lhc:Set yourself boundaries: If you buy an album (or 40!) tell yourself you're not allowed to buy any more until you've listened to ALL of the ones you've bought already. I've done this with blu-rays, the rate I watch movies these days I might as well send my blu-ray player back...

Well that's the problem...I work for myself from home, so I usually have my music on whilst I am working.....hence when the postman come a calling.....the LP goes straight on the Turntable :)

Yeah, that's not going to help then...

A

Anonymous

What about setting up a basic current account. Then each month have a certain amount of money transfered into it. That way you could just use that money for you're vinyl/cds etc. Once it's gone it's gone until the next month.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Don't worry about it, mate. Just enjoy yourself. You'll slow up on the buying front, once the initial novelty wears off. I was like you, when I got my TT, I was out of the traps like a greyhound, buying vinyl left right and centre. I did a grand in the first three months. Now, six months in, I'm probably only buying three or four a month. I find It's better that way, because I get more time to properly get to know each new record.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
haha Cheers Bretty,

Yeah I think I have spent just under £200.00 so far between charity shops, Ebay and the odd one of Amazon......I have slowed down a bit now. I ony bought three off Ebay today :)

5cats35

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Remember, it's all about the music - so spend spend spend!

emotion-2.gif

jarra

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Congratulations Jason, on the Rega Planer 3. I have one as well. Make sure you buy a few virgin vinyl albums 180 Grammes the difference is amazing.

My pride of place Pink Floyd ...Dark Side of The Moon ....The original Master Recording. I bought it new for £17 many years ago.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
jarra:

Congratulations Jason, on the Rega Planer 3. I have one as well. Make sure you buy a few virgin vinyl albums 180 Grammes the difference is amazing.

My pride of place Pink Floyd ...Dark Side of The Moon ....The original Master Recording. I bought it new for £17 many years ago.

Hi Jarra,

I have the Anna Calvi album on 180gramme and the 20th Aniversay Edition of Bleach by Nirvanna, again 180gramme....both sound amazing
emotion-2.gif

blackholesun

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

Another fresh and happy Planar 3 user here. I have a number of sh records, some of them play poorly, some so-so, some very very well. I also have some new 180g releases, like Alice in Chains, pretty good.

The other day, I listened to ORG releases of Nirvana's Nevermind and Unplugged. Well, what can I say. Jaw-dropping. I didn't realise Something in the Way could sound so excellent.

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
blackholesun:

Hi there,

Another fresh and happy Planar 3 user here. I have a number of sh records, some of them play poorly, some so-so, some very very well. I also have some new 180g releases, like Alice in Chains, pretty good.

The other day, I listened to ORG releases of Nirvana's Nevermind and Unplugged. Well, what can I say. Jaw-dropping. I didn't realise Something in the Way could sound so excellent.

Where did you get those copies from blackholesun? I have been looking at copies of Unplugged (which is an amazing album) on ebay and they have been going for getting on for £30.00. Would love to have them in my collection though. Are they on 180gm?

blackholesun

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I got them from Juno. Yes, they are 180gm and no, they were not cheap :( I see they are still available from Juno. I checked Amazon US and they have Incesticide from ORG on pre-order at a much better price, even with shipping.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts