maybe a daft question

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
for example if you had 5tb worth of photos and music ect and you could not afford i nas. could you every 3 months buy a 2tb nas for example wd my book live and add them all to my bt hub. each going back not daisy chain them. but if i then went to the cpu would they get confussed with each other or have they all got there own id. Plus i may want to take one around or back up files and leave somewhere safe off my flat.

nads

Don't quite get the problem.

Buy a NAS with, say 4bays, and one HDD. an add a 2 Tb drive each time you can and back up what you can.

4 X2Tb in raid will give you the storage you wnt.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
its just me dripping them in £150 every 3 months will be plenty while finding the money for a sata disk and a 4bay nas it going to be a big outlet of the bat i know in the end the nas and disk will be £700 and for 4 of the wd 2tb premade nas it will be about the same and it would be as good looking and i may miss out on some features like still having to sqeezebox on my laptop.

thanks for the input

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Not a daft question.

I tried to run two WD Book Live from a network switch and from a router. In both cases I found it impossible to give each HD a different identity with the result of utter confusion and fustration :help: . It may be possible to do but it defeated me - make sure you have everything backed up before you try. I would also suggest that you get a NAS and some big HD's.

Cheers :beer:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts