Matching amp for Triangle Genese Lyrr speakers

MrNo

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I have decided to buy Triangle Genese Lyrr speakers, as I was very impressed with the performance at the audiance, and the looks as well. However I currently have a quite old Onkyo AV receiver, so I need to upgrade it. Reading some forums, they say I have to match the power to beat the specs of the speakers.

From the website of the Triangle, here are the specs. Which amp or AV reciever would you recommend? I was thinking Marantz PM 15-S2, but any suggestions are welcome.

http://www.triangle-fr.com/en/genese/lyrr/

Number of Channels: 3

Loudspeaker type: Bass Reflex

Sensitivity: 92 db/W/m

Frequency Range: 32Hz-20KHz (+/- 3 dB)

Power Handling: 140W

Minimum Impedance: 3Ω

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
A tube-amp of course! Cayin A55T (KT88 tubes, mine) or A50T (EL34 tubes). Quite cheap and very good tube-brand. No doubt in this: go listen!

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Tubes too, but Leben - with that speaker, mate, you want the best.

The marantz I've heard, oddly enough, with some Focals. It's fine, but the Leben is in a different class.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Triangle speakers are easy to drive and have a lively clear nature that can (imo) be provoked into overt forwardness......so I too would suggest Tubes or Class A, or possibly Hybrid.

This puts you into the territory of Sugden, Pure Sound, Unison Research, Pathos or Icon Audio. If you can give an idea of your max budget and what brands you have access to, it will be easier to make a shortlist for you to consider.

I agree with AL, in that your speakers deserve some good amplification.

Cno

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
altruistic.lemon said:
Tubes too, but Leben - with that speaker, mate, you want the best.

The marantz I've heard, oddly enough, with some Focals. It's fine, but the Leben is in a different class.

I bet the Cayin is about the same class but much cheaper. If you want even better: buy a more expensive Cayin! Review of the A50T is on "Stereophile"-site.

A

Anonymous

You could stick with the French theme and get a nice Cairn amp. They do some good high current class-a amps along with some punchy class a/b amps. I'm currently running one of their older K5 power amps (5 channel surround sound power amp), which I like a lot. I had a Cambridge Audio amps (A4, A500, P500), Nad C370 and Exposure XXV before, its definitely better than the old C.A. stuff and Nad and close call compared to the Exposure.

Not too many about over here, but more pop up on the French ebay site. Parlez-vous français?

MrNo

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I just saw your replies, thanks already.

I have checked the Cayin A55-T, it looks great, and it is definitely within my budget.

My dilemma right now is that I want to use these speakers as part of my home theater as well, as my living room is not big enough for a separate hi fi system.

I guess that makes the choices quite complicated.. I could either go for an "all in one" package (e.g. Pioneer SC LX 85 or Marantz AV7005+MM7055), or get the Cayin A55-T to connect to a cheaper AV receiver??

Thanks for your suggestions.

The rest of my current system is as follows:

B&W DM603 S3 front speakers, B&W LCR60 S3 central + DM601 S3 side speakers, Onkyo TXSR 706 AV Receiver, Denon DCD - 710AE CD player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts