Matching Amp for Sonus Faber Venere 2.5 or 3.0

MrNo

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I am finally upgrading my Hi-fi / home cinema system.

I currently have the B&W DM601 S3 front / B&W LCR60 S3 central / DM601 S3 side speakers and Subwoofer ASW 600 B&W. All connected to Onkyo TX-SR 706. I use this system for both music (50% of the time, almost always digital wia air-play from lossless files) and for movies.

I have budget to buy the new Sonus Faber Venere 2.5 or maybe even 3.0 front speakers, as I am not very happy with my speakers' performance at the moment, and I witnessed an audition with the Sonus Venere 3.0 - they sounded fantastic.

I am happy with the home cinema performance of my current system - that's why I plan to keep all the side / central speakers and the subwoofer.

So what would you recommend for the new system with the new Sonus?

One option is to keep the onkyo, and just connect an expensive stereo amp to the power amp outs? the system i saw had Hegel H300.

Or maybe an expensive new Home Cinema receiver can still drive these speakers for music?

Thanks for any recommendations in advance.

amcluesent

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
With Sonus Faber, you should always audition Audio Analogue. Their integrated amps have a fixed gain/AV mode so you can hook to pre-outs of the AV Receiver.

If you don't have a CD player etc. you could even just use a Donizetti Power amp on the pre-outs. Obviously the AV Receiver would become the weakest link.

MrNo

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you amcluesent. Which integrated amp from audio analogue do you suggest me to try? I have $3000-$5000 budget max.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts