Marantz SR7005 AV Amplifier ??

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Marantz SR7005 AV Amplifier, any good? I've read the review from what hifi and a few others which seem to be pretty positive but having gone to a local dealers yesterday, he's put me off. He was talking about reliability issues with their AV stuff and customer service problems. This amp can be had for £799 now and originally retailed for around £1400.

A gd buy or a lemon??

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
If it's got a warranty I don't think you should worry too much. I don't recall hearing of any issues with the Marantz AV stuff, but to be fair their stuff is less common/popular than stuff by Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon & Pioneer, so you'd expect to hear less about them.

Sounds like a good deal. I'd definitely get a demo if you're tempted.

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Getting a demo is the problem!!! My local supplier of marantz products don't have any in the shop and they aren't willing to get hold of one for me to demo so it would mean buying blind. The main concern is whether the Marantz and B&W's would match up In terms of sound???

ChrisNZ

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I've had the SR7005 for almost 2 years and still love it! Driving some Focal Chorus 826W speakers and haven't a single complaint. They're more or less same internals as Denon if that helps. I haven't had to deal with customer service so I suppose I can't offer an insight there.

atkins4725

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
Unfortunately I couldn't audition my speakers with the amps I tried so the dealer set up the closest pair which were a a pair of monitor audio's (forget which ones). Anyways, the yammy was first followed by a denon and then the pioneer. The pioneer hurt my ears, it was so screechy in comparison to the other two. Two separate dealers assured me the B&W's would behave in a very similar way if not worse.

I ordered the marantz blind with a 7 day return policy just over a week ago, it's not goin back, I love it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts