Marantz SR6004

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Not fair. I will probably have to wait another week for this awards issue to hit the stands in Sweden! Can anyone give me any info on how the Marantz SR6004 faired in its review?

Its not as full featured as the denon 2310.

It cannot decode HD and run Audysee at the same time

No Network connectivity

But Marantz usually makes up for this with pretty good electronic components and from my opinion when i heard the 6003, provides a much nicer musical sound to the onkyo i heard instore. Unfortunately I havent had the chance to compare it with the Denon or Yamaha recievers. Any comments on this?

Cheers!

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
4 star rating, I'm afraid.

'Lacks dynamics, hint of treble brightness', are things mentioned against it.

Stick with the Denon 2310 or Yamaha 1065, if I were you........

A

Anonymous

Thanks Pete!

I will definitely need to go out and audition the 2310. Unfortunately every dealer appears to stock different brands so its hard to get a good side by side comparison through the same speakers. Annoying!

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Yes I know what you mean.......luckily my local shop had the spaeker system I have, so auditioned the 2310 there.......they had the Yamaha 1065, but the guy said the Denon was better (they were both in stock at the same price, I trusted him on that one)..

I originally went in to buy the Denon 1910, but the 2310 was so much better that I felt it was worth the xtra money (wife agreed too!!!)

Happy hunting..............

A

Anonymous

I just saw the review on the sr6004 and the one what hifi has done is an absolute joke.

Read for a comprehensive review:

Or rather don't, as it contravenes house rules - MODS

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

I'd honestly have a listen to all of these if you can, rather than go on the reviews only. Even if it's with slightly different speakers you should get an idea.

I've got the SR6001 and it doesn't for me suffer the proiblems quoted above, and I'd expect the SR6004 to be even better. I've certainly heard the SR6003 mentioned by a retailer selling both as a rival to the Yamaha 1065 on here before.

Agree the sound of the Marantz was better than Onkyo when I auditioned, and when I've spoken to dealers they've often mentioned the very good amplification that Marantz amps are always built on. For mine the detail is great, and music in films just jumps out and really get you going, while the other sounds can be heard clearly through it. I also use mine for music and it beats hands down my old £150 Marantz stereo amp.

However, I've also heard a Denon that was very good when auditioning, though maybe not quite as warm as the Marantz.

It's weird the Marantz don't allow application of Audyssey EQ when decoding HD, but you may well want to decode outside the amp, especially due to the flexibility this gives. Also, many people seem to find the sound better with the EQ off.

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts