Marantz SR5008 review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

siamer

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

I want buy some marantz av reciver and don't know witch one would be better marantz sr5008 or older but higher version sr6007 ?

What do You think ?

Regards,

siamer

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Audessey will try and integrate the speakers freq responses as well as levels distances etc.

so it may lower some to match with the rest - if you adjust them you throw how it's tried to balance the whole system out.

it may be an idea to look at your setup don't assume just running Audessey will give great sound. Look at speaker placement, sub placement, maybe biamp is not the way to go. Room acoustic

i have found if you upgrade a big piece of kit and don't get the benefits you should. It is because other factors such as the above are wrong

januar

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Dear Sir,

I just bought Marantz SR5008 to replace my old Yamaha Surround Amplifier RVX 850 two days ago. I am still confusing with my Marantz SR5008 since it has no power to drive my Bose Accoustimas 5 speaker, specifically on the passive subwofer. The bass sound is very weak, no power and it sounds flat.

I have already adjust the setting on the "tone" by increasing the bass level untill 6 db, but there is still no improvement on the bass sound.

I believe this Marantz SR5008 is better than my old Yamahabut I stiil can not find the solution to solve this problem.

Would you mind helping me to solve this issue.?

Your kind help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Januar

JohnKK

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Under speaker configuration did you put it is 2.0 system?
As this is passive sub that connects to front LR, you should put under subwoofer "NO" an only for stereo front left and right "YES".

And then run Audyseey.

If you are boosting bass dB and you put sub to "YES" then you are boosting channel that is not connected.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
seems you got a passive sub so you cannot use the dedicated sub output from the marantz.. you have to use line level from the left & right speakers. And like someone mentioned go to your setup page of speakers & set it to no subwoofer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts