Marantz SR-6007 7.2 4K ?

tommypenngotti

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I have my eyes on a Marantz SR-6007 for $350 mint with all accessories - any reason why I shouldn't ? Upgrading from my Sony DE-675 boat anchor .... :) Thanks!

any opinions on this receiver appreciated !

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
if you're planning on pairing it with a new UHD BPD and 4K TV, that doesn't necessarily matter. Most 4K TVs are HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliant by default. Might not be 10-bit colour, HDR models, but they'll still cope with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2.

Most of the UHD BD players currently on the market have two HDMI outlet sockets for this very reason. The main HDMI output goes directly from the UHD BDP to the TV, bypassing the receiver, whilst the second, audio only HDMI outlet is connected to your receiver to provide the surround sound.

That having been said, there are plenty of options for brand new, more up to date 2015 7.2 models that should be available at discounts now the 2016 models are coming out, that are HDCP 2.2, HDMI 2.0, etc. etc. compliant. So I would shop around before buying a used unit, and / or use the prices of the 2015 models to beat down the guy's price.

tommypenngotti

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I think I'm headed towards 2 front speakers and a sub with all these codecs / HDMI protocols changing every 2 years! Such a hassle that you spend good $ and the box is obsolete so soon :(

I'm not going to spend $1000+ to get HDCP 2.2 . I'm really an audiophile for LP's and music . This HT AVR was going to be paired with my Marantz PM-11S1 Stereo Amp just to get surround ...I dont have a 4K TV yet , maybe it's best to just buy a cheap Marantz tht gets me the pre outs I need to use 1 speaker system until down the line when I switch to 4K ?

Thanks so much for your help , I almost bought this 6007 ! Appreciate it!

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
You don't have to spend $100 richer sounds are selling the denon AVR-X3300W for £619 or for less than £500 you could get the Denon AVR-X2300W.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts