Question Marantz PM7004 or Rotel RA-06?

Xcdx

Dec 21, 2020
Visit site
Hello!
I have an oppertunity to buy either the Marantz PM7004 or Rotel RA-06, both in used but good condition.
Does anybody have any experience with these amps and perhaps could give some useful tips? Or just if you want to share your personal opinion on both or either of these. Thanks
/Chris

Hello!
I have an oppertunity to buy either the Marantz PM7004 or Rotel RA-06, both in used but good condition.
Does anybody have any experience with these amps and perhaps could give some useful tips? Or just if you want to share your personal opinion on both or either of these. Thanks
/Chris
Welcome...
Unfortunately both brands tonally will present music quite differently, so which one you choose will be as much to do with the speakers you have or planning to buy. Also add into the equation room acoustics and the style of music you enjoy the most.
Both are very good amps but both demand different speakers and sources to make the most of their respective talents.

Xcdx

Dec 21, 2020
Visit site
Welcome...
Unfortunately both brands tonally will present music quite differently, so which one you choose will be as much to do with the speakers you have or planning to buy. Also add into the equation room acoustics and the style of music you enjoy the most.
Both are very good amps but both demand different speakers and sources to make the most of their respective talents.
Thanks for the answer. I should have added this, I am planning on buying a pair of B&M DM685. Could go with more powerful speakers with these amps, sure, but in my apartament I think that these would be nice. Listening to, well, rock, jazz and classical and some softer electronic music. Would like the sound to be quite neutral in general.

Thanks for the answer. I should have added this, I am planning on buying a pair of B&M DM685. Could go with more powerful speakers with these amps, sure, but in my apartament I think that these would be nice. Listening to, well, rock, jazz and classical and some softer electronic music. Would like the sound to be quite neutral in general.

Great. B&W are the UK distribution arm for Rotel amps, and as such are voiced to match Rotel amps. Heard this combination many times over the years and they do work well together. This should be closer to a neutral sound you're seeking. The Marantz should work fine, but it's marginally more laid back in presentation.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts