Question Marantz PM7000N - Ideal stand mount speaker?

Chris2021

Mar 7, 2021
Visit site
Recently bought a Marantz PM 7000N amp, using it with KEF Q300 speakers.

wish to upgrade the speakers, any suggestions?

seriously looking at KEF LS50, will it be a good match or overkill?

Room size: 3M by 6 M
I do have Atacama stands
Listen to mostly 80s music and a little bit of classical.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

manicm

B&W 606s2 as a sideways improvement but definite improvement. Or a higher end Dali. You actually have a wide choice of speakers with sensible impedance figures.

If you’re looking at the LS50 but have spare cash go straight to the newer LS50 Meta - it’s an improvement and seems to work better with lower power amps as well.

Reactions: rainsoothe

rainsoothe

B&W 606s2 as a sideways improvement but definite improvement. Or a higher end Dali. You actually have a wide choice of speakers with sensible impedance figures.

If you’re looking at the LS50 but have spare cash go straight to the newer LS50 Meta - it’s an improvement and seems to work better with lower power amps as well.
Nothing to add to this, except for the fact that I've yet to hear a bad sounding Marantz + Dali partnership. Maybe audition their Oberon 5 floorstanders as well, they'll take less floor space than the Atacama stands, as they're not that big and are quite unfussy about positioning.

Reactions: Al ears

Surly Sid

Feb 6, 2020
Visit site
I bought a Marantz PM7000N for my mother 3 weeks ago. It matches superbly with her Sonus Faber Venere 2.0
Sonus Faber don't make the Venere any more. I'd suggest checking out the SF Sonneto bookshelf models.

Reactions: Chris2021

RBinDC

Aug 21, 2020
Visit site
Does the 7000n have enough power to best drive the LS-50s? People have claimed you need 100 watts per channel to do that.

The 7000n is only rated at 60 watts. However, the WHF review confusingly stated that it has a max output of 120 watts. Are they just summing the two channels? Or is this indicating the dynamic range of the power amp?

I have heard the PM7000n drive two B&W floorstanders and they sounded great! But then they are more efficient than LS-50s.

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Does the 7000n have enough power to best drive the LS-50s? People have claimed you need 100 watts per channel to do that.

The 7000n is only rated at 60 watts. However, the WHF review confusingly stated that it has a max output of 120 watts. Are they just summing the two channels? Or is this indicating the dynamic range of the power amp?

I have heard the PM7000n drive two B&W floorstanders and they sounded great! But then they are more efficient than LS-50s.

I have an older Marantz PM8005 amplifier with the KEF LS50's. Excellent match and no plans to change the combination any time soon. I also find Tannoy speakers work really well with Marantz gear.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts