Question Marantz PM6006 or Denon PMA800NE?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

gasolin

They re not cheap and theu only sell the pm6007

https://www.av-connection.com/?PGr=14249
(price match)

LittleDarkGuy

Dec 9, 2020
Visit site
Thank you so much! I'll take a look to see if I can find any Marantz 6006 more budget friendly. Otherwise I will likely buy the Denon PMA600NE which as received some good reviews in this forum as well

MartinEvoke50

Aug 30, 2020
Visit site
Hello, everybody.

I'm from Italy.

I would like to replace my old amplifier from the eighties (a JVC A-S7, almost "dead" by now) with a new generation one.

It should match my old pair of Bowers and Wilkins DM 303 speakers (although in the near future I would like to upgrade to floor-standing speakers).

I am oriented towards a budget amplifier for my music room (3 meters x 5 meters) and I was thinking about a Marantz PM6006 or a Denon PMA800NE (in Italy, where I live, they have the same price, around Euro 390,00).

I listen mostly rock, soul and pop (and also some jazz and classical music): my sources are a Yamaha CD Player, a turntable for my old vinyls, and recently a LG blue-ray player for live concerts and reissued album in blue-ray format (although not for home theater 5.1, just 2.1: I've recently purchased a new Qled Samsung Tv).
Also keep in mind that in the next future I would also like to add a streamer.

So which one would you choose between Marantz PM6006 and Denon PMA800NE? And which other amps would you suggest? (staying within my budget: max Euro 400)

Thank you in advance for your advices.
They are both from the same stable. The Marantz is on the warm side and the Denon leans on the brighter side

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts