Matchiap

Dec 24, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,
This is my first post - please excuse me in advance for inappropriate/silly questions!
I've just owned a Marantz PM6006 which is driving a pair of Cambridge Audio S20 bookshelf speakers. Main sources: rega p1 TT, Marantz NA6005 and Tidal.
Well, I'd really love to have a step further and replace the S20 with a pair of floorstanding speakers (max budget: 1000€).
Could you kindly provide any recommendation on speaker models to be considered for such an upgrade?
P. S. Unfortunately, i cannot play any demo session, as there are no hi-fi store around my little town.

Thanks in advance for your advices and have a safe and peaceful Christmas time!

Last edited:

Matchiap

Dec 24, 2020
Visit site
Dear all, thanks for your replies and suggestions!
The room size is around 35-40 square meters.
I was just wondering which might sound better between Dali oberon 5 and qacoustic 3050i, given the room size and the amp... Any suggestions?

P. S. I mostly enjoy jazz and vocal/soul music, no hard rock, generally mid to low volume.
P. P. S. Merry christmas!

rainsoothe

Dear all, thanks for your replies and suggestions!
The room size is around 35-40 square meters.
I was just wondering which might sound better between Dali oberon 5 and qacoustic 3050i, given the room size and the amp... Any suggestions?

P. S. I mostly enjoy jazz and vocal/soul music, no hard rock, generally mid to low volume.
P. P. S. Merry christmas!
I'm a fan of Dali Oberon 5, and Marantz + Dali are amazing together imo. Don't know if they'll be enough in a 40sq m room, but since you don't want concert levels, they might be just right. Alternatively, if you can up the budget, Focal Chora 826 would be great. But I don't think you can go wrong with the Oberons.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts