marantz pm6002 ipod compatability

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
my friend wants to buy a marantz 6002 amp and cd package but also wants to connect his ipod. i notice theres no dedicated ipod connection on this amp, but was wandering if it could be connected by an optical or coaxial connection via the cd input on the amp? any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated cheers

A

Anonymous

You simply need a 3.5inch to left & right phono cable. Available in most electrics stores.

Like this one:

http://www.cableuniverse.co.uk/catalog/cables/35mm-stereo-plug-to-2-x-rca-plug-standard-05m.html

Connect the 3.5 inch end to Ipod headphone jack and the other to any of the inputs on the amp apart from the Phono input that is for turntables.
I'd go for either the CD, Aux, Tape, or Tuner inputs.

Will work fine.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Dedicated i-Pod docks come into their own with audio quality, as they take a dedicated fixed output from the connections underneath the i-pod itself. A 3.5mmjack to twin phono cable is the cheapest route, but it uses the lower quality variable output used for the headphones. The Marantz i-Pod dock also comes with a remote control for ease of use too.

A

Anonymous

I use a Gotham GAC 1 3.5mm jack to twin phono cable through my Line 1 inputs in my amplifier to play my IPod and it sounds just great.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts