Marantz PM14S1SE - Couldn’t resist

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Blacksabbath25 said:
Now that’s what I call a amplifier it makes your old amplifier look very small

I’m incredibly impressed by the size, weight and build quality. Worth every penny, and I’ve not played a note of music through it yet.

Just bringing it up to temp, it was like a 20kg block of ice when I got it out of the box!

insider9

bigfish786 said:
I’m incredibly impressed by the size, weight and build quality. Worth every penny, and I’ve not played a note of music through it yet.

Just bringing it up to temp, it was like a 20kg block of ice when I got it out of the box!

That's what she said *biggrin*

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Is this thread for real ? One guy orders an amp and then there's four pages of congrats and i bet you're looking foward to it !

On a more serious note, be very wary of P.Tyson deliveries. Last year i waited in 2 days for delivery of a turntable that didn't arrive. They then tried to deliver on 3 occaisons when i told them i was away. I had to pick it up from Halfords in the end, and the £1200 turntable was all smashed up ! I was distraught and the guys in Halfords just didn't care. I rejected it and P.Tyson then sent me another replacement but it was a distressing saga.

to be honest, i was a bit nervous about delivery, i have been in parcel delivery 15 years, and i've seen my fair share of damaged goods.

what concerned me was the weight, and it being thrown about.

after i'd signed for the box, i picked it up and heard a noise inside the box, like something was rolling around in the bottom of the box.

my heart sank a little, so i was prepared for the worst when i opened it up.

unfortunately, the mains plug had got broken at some point, it was jammed against the side of the amp, so i took photos of the damage before i unwrapped the amp. at first, it looked like the side had been damaged by the plug prongs, i rubbed at the marks and to my amazement and relief they disappeared. i still had my concerns about its handling, and let Peter Tyson know and also sent photos.

i've had the amp switched on for several hours and everything seems good. only the plug needs replacing, which i'm hoping Peter Tyson will provide me with one.

when all is said and done, it could have been a lot worse. its just one of those unfortunate things.

F539AC1D-FBC9-4DF8-BCEF-4163BBD5BAAC.jpeg
51D53485-7352-40FE-8C38-9544AD7F1742.jpeg

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Good grief sorry to hear about that. I feel like some kind of prophet !

You would think the couriers would take more care with boxes marked 'fragile' containing expensive equipment.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
That this has to be supplied with a mains cable with molded 13amp plugs.

A lot of imported product does not have sufficient space in the packaging for a bulky plug and the detatchable lead is often locally sourced and just shoved into the box wherever there is space.

That the lead/plug is down the side of the amp where it can damage a 'finished' panel is pretty poor.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Unless it was an opened box that has had the contents put back in wrongly? Probably not, but just a thought.

I can't see the pictures, would that be because I don't have Photobucket ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts