Marantz PM14S1SE - Couldn’t resist

so, after looking at this amp for months, wondering if it would be a worthy upgrade to the Leema Pulse, I’ve bit the bullet and ordered one.

on sale at Peter Tyson for £1399 it was too good a price to resist.

So, I’ll be selling the Leema to partially fund the purchase. It’s been a cracking amp to own, but that marantz looks so good.

Cant wait to get it .

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

It’s very gratifying when you get something like this way under price. I’ve bought a 3k pre amp brand new for £1500 - that’s the best I’ve done. You can think of some people going into a shop and handing over rrp and getting less than you for same money and it makes all efforts to buy smart and search for bargains all the more sweet. Enjoy.

emperor's new clothes

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi Bigfish,

Congratulations and I'm confident that you will have no regrets. Got mine with a similar deal on Cyber Monday 2016 - agree, discounts are usually hard to find. Churlish to find fault and, as with all good HiFi, just disappears. Only downside for me was the subsequent expensive upgrade to speakers of matching quality. I had a very generous Xmas present in the form of a turntable - my last one bought in1973. It seemed fitting to play DSOTM - part of the gift - as the first play, just as I did back then. Using the Marantz MM phono input, it was the first analogue music I have played since 1984. Wonderful. I played the remastered Cd and SACD version to compare - something intangible is lost in the digital version. I would be very interested to hearing your thoughts re: the MM/MC phono stage as you have a much higher grade analogue set up.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Hope you love it. When you think that surely they're still making a profit at £1399, it makes you wonder what the markup is on premium items like this when you can walk into somewhere else and pay hundreds more. Scary really.

Enjoy. And report back!

D

Deleted member 108165

Congrats Bigfish *good* I'm sure you'll love it and will fit nicely with the TT15S1! Please let us know your thoughts when you have the opportunity. Always thought about upgrading to the SA14 but it's too deep to occupy the space where my current amp resides... I'll have to keep waiting until I can rethink my layout. I'm in no rush though as I'm more than content with what I currently have.

For all the replies, I’m not sure when it will arrive, but I’m hoping it comes this week as I’m off work so it will give me plenty of opportunity to test it against the Leema.

The phono stage is probably the most important thing for me, as I seem to use the turntable quite a lot.

It will also be interesting to see if there is synergy with the Moon CD player.

Its all very exciting, I’m really looking forward to it arriving.

Having looked at the Spec sheet, it looks almost identical to the Marantz PM KI Pearl from a few years ago.

D

Deleted member 108165

Peter Tyson are very good so shouldn't take long for delivery; they use DPD - one of the best parcel companies in the UK for handling precious items.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
It looks the business, I hope it sounds as good as it looks. I notice it weighs just about 20kgs! That's one big lump to be moving about, but kind of reassuring as well.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts about it when it's up and running and burned in.

thumbs_up.png

bigfish786 said:
For all the replies, I’m not sure when it will arrive, but I’m hoping it comes this week as I’m off work so it will give me plenty of opportunity to test it against the Leema.

The phono stage is probably the most important thing for me, as I seem to use the turntable quite a lot.

It will also be interesting to see if there is synergy with the Moon CD player.

Its all very exciting, I’m really looking forward to it arriving.

Having looked at the Spec sheet, it looks almost identical to the Marantz PM KI Pearl from a few years ago.

... and that was one hell of an amp from Ken.

I'm sure you'll be delighted. I considered it when changing mine last year, but ended up getting my Primare for a similar price. Had already acquired the matching CD player that was barely twelve months old.

The Marantz are pretty heavy so take care unpacking it!

Troy62

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Congratulations on your purchase. I’m sure you’ll love it. Was lucky enough to get an ex demo one for 950 from Peter Tyson in April. As been said it is a big heavy beast and will do your back no favours getting it out of the box. I knew it would be a struggle to fit it in my cabinet but at that price thought it was too good to miss. Anyway it arrived after a couple of days but no matter how I tried it wouldn’t fit. Set it up on an Atacama rack in spare bedroom but wifey wasn’t having that. Ended up giving it to my son who runs it with a pair of B &W floorstanders. It sounds amazing with a very good phono stage and with build quality to match. Enjoy.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

bigfish786 said:
Looks like I’m in for a bit of a wait. Not in stock, so it could be three weeks before it arrives!

maybe see if you can borrow one but then again it might not be such a nice surprise.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts