Marantz Pearl Lite and Dynaudio Excite X12

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BigH said:
The source/amp were the Marantz Pearl Lite as in the title. I also tried the Tannoy 6.1s which were almost the opposite to the Dyns, pleasant easy listening but too warm and woolly esp. on bass and a bit dull. The journey has ended as I also heard the AVI 9RSS these were so much better than any other combo I have heard, they were very accurate, soundsound was very precise, even on old recordings such as 1950s jazz they were fine, vocals are very life like as though the persons in the room, not so much bass as the Dyns or Tannoys but very controlled no boominess even on tracks like Squonk on Trick of the Tail. So after hearing about 14 different speakers mostly in the £500-£1,000 range, for me the AVIs were the best then the Kef LS50s.

It's always worth holding out till you hit the jackpot......glad you found what you were looking for. :cheer:

shkumar4963

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
How did you like your amp with LS50. I currently use a Yamaha RXV800 (100wpc x5 class D amp) and an thinking of upgrading to get better sound from LF50. Something is lacking not sure what.

My choices for Amp are Marantz 8005(80 wpc), or PM6005 (50 wpc) or NAD C326 (50 wpc) or C356 (80 wpc) BEE. I can get better deal on Mrantz then NAD.

What would you recommend?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
shkumar4963 said:
How did you like your amp with LS50. I currently use a Yamaha RXV800 (100wpc x5 class D amp) and an thinking of upgrading to get better sound from LF50. Something is lacking not sure what.

My choices for Amp are Marantz 8005(80 wpc), or PM6005 (50 wpc) or NAD C326 (50 wpc) or C356 (80 wpc) BEE. I can get better deal on Mrantz then NAD.

Buying a better amplifier than those you mention.

What is available to you in your marketplace?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
shkumar4963 said:

Is that question directed at me?

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I recall during my 'upgrade' period listening to the Pearl Lite - I wad, not impressed sounded really congested compared to the others in the audition.

To my ears....

Those speakers I would think are s little ambitious for that combo.....

I would suggest looking at alternatives in the bracket down from the x12 personally. They may expose the amp.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
I recall during my 'upgrade' period listening to the Pearl Lite - I wad, not impressed sounded really congested compared to the others in the audition.

To my ears....

I would suggest looking at alternatives in the bracket down from the x12 personally. They may expose the amp.

you are about 18 months too late, someone bumped this old post.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Lol.....

Something that's becoming too common these days.... :-o

BigH said:
Thompsonuxb said:

To my ears....

you are about 18 months too late, someone bumped this old post.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts