Marantz NR1200 Shutting to standby problems

Delrtm

Jan 24, 2021
Visit site
Having real problems with this new Marantz NR1200 shutting down into standby mode. Seems completely random, happens whether playing CD, Phono HEOS and might be ok for a day then happens again. It's a dedicated Atacama stand so plenty of ventilation. Took all the cables , which are new, out the back and reconnected but to no avail.

Anyone else have any problems with this unit?

Thanks

Del

Delrtm

Jan 24, 2021
Visit site
Could be a speaker problem, have you by any chance a second system that you could swap speakers with for a while to see if it still goes on
Unfortunately not. Upgraded the speakers to Fyne Audio F302s same time as the amp purchase , and sold my old speakers, damn.

Delrtm

Jan 24, 2021
Visit site
Or an eARC connection that shuts it down with, say, the TV?
Checked the auto standby and disabled it. Switches off when TV switched off, that's fine. The amp will completely randomly go into standby whilst listening to diff sources. Also started flicking between sources. A life of its own. Getting picked up today.

vashypoo

Sep 25, 2021
Visit site
hey this actually did happen to me shortly after i got mine last year and i had to take it in for a repair. luckily it was still under warranty. there was some part that needed replacing and it's been fine ever since, but apparently it was a fairly common thing with the nr1200.

now my wifi doesn't work and i am not under the warranty anymore, so... not thrilled about it.

Reactions: Al ears

Rptorman

Sep 22, 2021
Visit site
I couldn't get it to even come on long enough to check the standby settings so today I took it back to the store I purchased it from a week and a half ago and they replaced it. I've had Marantz since the '80s and never an issue. Hopefully this is a one off situation.

Shaji Sam

May 12, 2023
Visit site
I am getting the same issue . Warranty is over . Anybody knows what the issue is. Twice send to the dealer they were able to replicate the issue only once . After bringing back it will work for couple of weeks and then start getting into standby mode no matter what source you are using or if connected to TV over eARC.
Appreciate any help.

I am getting the same issue . Warranty is over . Anybody knows what the issue is. Twice send to the dealer they were able to replicate the issue only once . After bringing back it will work for couple of weeks and then start getting into standby mode no matter what source you are using or if connected to TV over eARC.
Appreciate any help.
Welcome. It sounds very similar to the faults above, sadly.

Have you worked through this list, just in case?

Delrtm

Jan 24, 2021
Visit site
Only seeing this now. I had it back from Marantz after about 6 weeks saying they couldn't find any issue. Started doing it again shortly after. Unbelievable. I ended up selling it for a tiny loss whilst still under waranty. Bought a Roksan Kandy amp for about £200 less than the Marantz, still going strong.

matthewpianist

Only seeing this now. I had it back from Marantz after about 6 weeks saying they couldn't find any issue. Started doing it again shortly after. Unbelievable. I ended up selling it for a tiny loss whilst still under waranty. Bought a Roksan Kandy amp for about £200 less than the Marantz, still going strong.

The Roksan has different strengths, and I hope you are enjoying the additional punch it offers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts