Marantz MCR610 and Spotify question.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The Marantz has USB A (front panel) or optical (rear panel) digital connections.

What do you want me to say?

You have the (as yet unidentified) Android tablet so you can see better than I can what digital outputs it has.

Presumably some kind of mini or micro USB but only you know this until you reveal what the tablet is.

If this is so, then just pop along to the shop (or the drawer/box where you keep all your spare leads) and get the appropriate USB A --> USB mini/micro lead and try it.

Chances are that your tablet came with the lead you need in it's packaging. (What do you charge it with?)

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
Rockstar said:
Hello everybody!

I wonder if it's possible to connect the Marantz cr610 with a computer with a jack jack male cable?

Use a stereo RCA phono --> 3.5mm jack lead from 'cheap Bluetooth Receiver and connect it to your M-CR610 (in Analog In 1 or 2) with stereo RCA phono --> 3.5mm jack lead and pair it with your tablet (or PC if that has Bluetooth as well).

+1 for the Bluetooth suggestion. The QED Uplay Puck is very good indeed for not a lot of cash.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Callum J said:
I emailed Spotify, and seemingly they don't support the Marantz MCR-610 at present. But, as they improve their technology, they may do so in the future, they say. Was told to keep an eye on their site for news of any developments.

I think is up to Marantz to support connect and not up to Spotify. 610 model don't have Spotify Connect and will not have. That's why Marantz realeased newer model: 611 with Spotify Connect included.

Rockstar

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
chebby said:
The Marantz has USB A (front panel) or optical (rear panel) digital connections.

What do you want me to say?

You have the (as yet unidentified) Android tablet so you can see better than I can what digital outputs it has.

Presumably some kind of mini or micro USB but only you know this until you reveal what the tablet is.

If this is so, then just pop along to the shop (or the drawer/box where you keep all your spare leads) and get the appropriate USB A --> USB mini/micro lead and try it.

Chances are that your tablet came with the lead you need in it's packaging. (What do you charge it with?)

I'm sorry, forgot to mention that I have a Samsung tablet. I tried to connect it with the Marantz with the USB A-micro USB cable but that didn't work.

I've ordered a stereo RCA phono -> 3.5mm jack lead as you mentioned.

Thanks for all the advice!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Rockstar said:
I'm sorry, forgot to mention that I have a Samsung tablet. I tried to connect it with the Marantz with the USB A-micro USB cable but that didn't work.

I've ordered a stereo RCA phono -> 3.5mm jack lead as you mentioned.

Thanks for all the advice!

I'm very suprised you can't connect a Samsung tablet to the front USB A input. I know it's Apple compatible but I thought i'd read that it could also accept a range of other brands of mp3 players/phones etc.

I never needed the opportunity to try that out with my old M-CR603 so I can't advise, sorry.

Callum J

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I was intrigued to see my old post, about the Spotify question, from two years ago sudenly reappear. As i'm off work just now due to a recent op, i decided, finally, to do something to resolve the issue. So, i purchased a Behringer UCA202, and 7m of Toslink cable off the Bay. The USB lead from the Behringer feeds into a USB slot on my PC; one end of the Toslink goes into the optical output of the Behringer, and the other end goes into the digital in / optical at the rear of the Marantz MCR 610. And, hey presto, i can now control Spotify (premium) directly from my PC. It's an excellent solution, and much more user friendly than either the Marantz app, or by inputting text manually via the remote.

TRENDING THREADS