Marantz MCR603 not showing up in Qobuz or browser tab “Send to”

paddyb

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Trying to get Qobuz to play to my Maratanz MCR603.

Qobuz is compatible with UPnP/DLNA and there is an option to select external devices from the Audio Output menu, but the only device that shows up there is my Chromecast.

Also tried using the web player and sending the tab to the receiver, but it’s not showing up in Chrome or Firefox.

It is, however, showing as a “Cast to Device” option when right clicking on a music file and in my Network under Media Devices.

Airplay also works fine on the MCR603, but that is not an option with Qobuz (on windows at least).

Any ideas?

Tinman1952

Trying to get Qobuz to play to my Maratanz MCR603.

Qobuz is compatible with UPnP/DLNA and there is an option to select external devices from the Audio Output menu, but the only device that shows up there is my Chromecast.

Also tried using the web player and sending the tab to the receiver, but it’s not showing up in Chrome or Firefox.

It is, however, showing as a “Cast to Device” option when right clicking on a music file and in my Network under Media Devices.

Airplay also works fine on the MCR603, but that is not an option with Qobuz (on windows at least).

Any ideas?
Hi. Sounds like your Qobuz app is not recognising the Marantz as a DLNA renderer. Try mConnect on a iOs device or BubbleUPNP on Android. You can log into your Qobuz account and see if it recognises the Marantz as a 'play to ' device.

paddyb

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I tried on my Android phone and Qobuz shows up in the options and is ticked, but the music isn't played to it. Tried selecting Chromecast instead (which works), then selecting the Marantz again, but still no joy.

Tinman1952

Thanks for your reply. I tried on my Android phone and Qobuz shows up in the options and is ticked, but the music isn't played to it. Tried selecting Chromecast instead (which works), then selecting the Marantz again, but still no joy.
Is that with BubbleUPNP? I know the Marantz has an older version of DLNA (v1.5 I believe..) but I would still have expected it to appear in the renderer devices available in the app.... 🤔

paddyb

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about BubbleUPNP? I just used to Qobuz app on the phone without installing anything extra.

I see that there is as BubbleUPNP package for Windows, should I try installing this? I wasn't aware that I needed to install anything for DLNA to work, so perhaps this is where I'm going wrong?

Tinman1952

Not sure about BubbleUPNP? I just used to Qobuz app on the phone without installing anything extra.

I see that there is as BubbleUPNP package for Windows, should I try installing this? I wasn't aware that I needed to install anything for DLNA to work, so perhaps this is where I'm going wrong?
I suggested you try BubbleUPNP (it's free to try) to see if it is the Qobuz app which is the problem.
When you open BubbleUPNP you can see if the Marantz shows up as a DLNA renderer device. If so you can log into your Qobuz account within the BubbleUPNP app and then play to the Marantz...without using the Qobuz app. 🤞

Tinman1952

For DLNA to work you normally need three things....
1. A server (which 'serves up' your music files)
2. A renderer (the device which actually plays your music)
3. A controller (such as the app on your phone/tablet) which allows the server and renderer to 'talk' to each other.

paddyb

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your help with this, I’ve made some progress!

I’ve installed BubbleUPNP on my PC and phone. On my phone I’ve managed to get track to play from within the Bubble app and also by sending them to the Qobuz app using the Share option.

In Windows, it opens in a browser window. The Marantz is showing as a Renderer and there is an option to set the audio quality for Qbuz, but Qobuz is not showing as a media server and the Marantz still isn’t coming up as a source in the Qobuz app or browser option and clicking Share in the windows app doesn’t have the Bubble option. Is there something we I need to do to get it working with windows?

Tinman1952

Thanks for your help with this, I’ve made some progress!

I’ve installed BubbleUPNP on my PC and phone. On my phone I’ve managed to get track to play from within the Bubble app and also by sending them to the Qobuz app using the Share option.

In Windows, it opens in a browser window. The Marantz is showing as a Renderer and there is an option to set the audio quality for Qbuz, but Qobuz is not showing as a media server and the Marantz still isn’t coming up as a source in the Qobuz app or browser option and clicking Share in the windows app doesn’t have the Bubble option. Is there something we I need to do to get it working with windows?
Well the fact the Marantz shows up as a renderer in the Windows browser confirms the Marantz DLNA is working ok. I suspect the Qobuz app is not using exactly the same DLNA protocol.... so doesn't recognise it. That's a shame....
You might have to use a phone or iPad to control it instead of the PC....

Last edited:

paddyb

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I’ve emailed Marantz and Qobuz to see if they have any suggestions.

It’s shame if it can’t work with Windows, as that would be my preferred way of playing it. Are there any other UPNP / DLNA software solutions (preferably free!) that I can try?

Tinman1952

I’ve emailed Marantz and Qobuz to see if they have any suggestions.

It’s shame if it can’t work with Windows, as that would be my preferred way of playing it. Are there any other UPNP / DLNA software solutions (preferably free!) that I can try?
Hopefully your emails will generate a useful response. 🤞
The option I prefer (and use daily) is mConnect Player on iOS for iPad/iPhone. There is also a 'landscape'version called mConnect Player HD if you prefer. It is rock solid and works fine with Tidal, Qobuz and DLNA from your own music server plus internet radio.
I have heard you CAN load this on to a Windows PC using emulator software but I have never done this. You can google for instructions if you get no joy with any other solution. Personally I like being able to sit in my chair and control everything from there... good luck!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts