Marantz M-CR611 – playback music using a Mac?

deansplit

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone please help with even letting me know if this is possible? Can the unit play iTunes from my Mac, or a back up HD? Manual says a PC or NAS. Had the thong 4 months now and all I'm using is radio, internet radio and CD, hardly getting the value out of it :/

Thanks

insider9

Yes, you can stream your iTunes via Airplay. You can also use DLNA with a NAS or hook up an external drive via USB. On top of which you have 2 optical inputs that'll let you use the unit as a dac.

I once had a similar small Onkyo and the number of features is amazing for little money.

What speakers are you driving with it? And what can you tell us about sound quality?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
If you want to stream from your Mac you'll probably have to turn on SMB sharing [on the Mac]. My dad has a '610, which was of course the '611's predecesor, and assuming its network functions are similar enough be representative, the '611 will stream from a NAS or USB drive provided both are still formatted as a Windows FAT drive and you haven't re-formatted either to a Mac-specific format such as Mac OS Extended (Journalled).

jonathanbruce@me

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Hello.

I'm not sure if this helps but I am using my Marantz M-CR611 with the SPDIF from my iMac 5k headphone socket. I use a Toslink to Mini Optical Cable. I have been using that method for ever!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts