Marantz M-CR610 in livingroom

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

skysounds

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
davedotco said:
chebby said:
There are people with room sizes / typical volume & bass levels enjoyed / preferred speakers etc. for whom the M-CR610 is either a stretch or simply a bad idea.

I am one of the people for whom it (in my case the M-CR603) is a perfect fit.

I listen at 8 feet distance across the 14.5 foot width of a 21 foot long living room and prefer moderate volumes using fairly efficent (89dB) speakers.

I've hardly ever used the CD player part, but it's there and sounded fine when tested. It has excellent FM performance with our rooftop aerial and decent reception (DAB is good at least as far as it can be).

AirPlay is the star and - with excepttion of FM - is what I use most of the time with my iPhone and iPad (and an iMac) with a mixture of 320K AAC VBR, Apple Lossless and BBC iPlayer Radio content.

I spent a lot of time looking around for a system with the exact connectivity that I required before I bought the Marantz three and a half years ago. Nothing else below £2K could match the Marantz in this respect. (And even the £2K option needed an additional ATV or AEX.)

I was replacing a traditional seperates system (Naim Nait 5i, CD5i, NAT05, Beresford TC-7520 DAC) and wanted something that was compact, good looking and that would serve my connectivity needs exactly.

My Naim system was already overpowered (9 o'clock on the volume was 'blasting' it) so the M-CR603's power was not a concern for me.

If the M-CR610 is going to represent any kind of compromise for you and your music and your room, then don't go near it. Strike it off the list and look again.

I got fed up (in the past) with M-CR603 owners who didn't do their research before they bought and then subsequently slagged off the kit because it wouldn't do the same job as a 100Wpc seperates system!

Well said. The M-CRs are smashing systems when used within their capabilities.

There was a time, a while ago now, when they were being over hyped with people talking about pairing them with PMCs and even small ATCs.

No wonder there was some disappointment.

However with reasonably sensitive, easy to drive speakers such as those under discussion, they will do fine. :cheer:

:bounce:

I just checked the size of the 2050is, they are a little bigger than I thought lol.

I can't find other speakers with higher sensitvity or even the same sensitivity level. Well, that just makes it easier to choose :grin:

skysounds

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
davedotco said:
Sky, be aware.

Just because the M-CR610 and 2050i are a good match technically, it does not mean that they will work to your liking.

As always, listening is the key, try them, the Dalis and anything else you can that is in the same ballpark.

Understand what the limitations are but try for yourself, most important...... :cheer:

Yes I understand that. I do think its going to be different for someone thats not exactly expecting a speakers to sound like this or this. I don't know what i would want to hear :)

I only know is that I like some nice clarity, and just a full warm sound.. thats all I know..

Of course by listening to different speakers I can compare and hear differences in sound. Still, my demands in the way it should sound are not that high.

skysounds

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
After reading even more about the Marantz, I made up my mind. I m going to order it. Hurrayy.

Thank you all so much for being very helpful! :grin: :grin:

Now what color :roll:

Black or black/white. Omg always these decisions.. :? I think I prefer full black, but blackwhite looks interesting :p

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts