Marantz jumping on bandwagon

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Revolutions

I'm not sure why some of these companies even try. The biggest aspect of any streamer is its software and user interface - if any aspect of its usage falls below par, it's no good as a streamer, regardless of its looks, price, build quality, sound quality, or any claims the manufacturer may make.
Yes, this. Except we know why companies do it: they see an amplifier & they know how to make great amps.

All of their processes will be setup to deal with sound quality & UX with physical buttons. Their teams are paid lots of money to make amps sound great & have usable buttons. Not to imagine someone sat on a phone controlling everything on a great sounding amp. To make a product with a fundamentally different focus is likely to require a complete overhaul of the development process. We can’t do what we don’t know, though. So most people will hire someone from a company that’s made an app before expecting that will solve it for them. The whole company will accidentally be working against the app development, and as such woefully underestimating where their design focus & budget should be.

That’s what I imagine every time I come across something that seems like it’s never been tested with humans, or seems happy to ignore a competitor who do it well.

Reactions: Tinman1952

Tinman1952

Yes, this. Except we know why companies do it: they see an amplifier & they know how to make great amps.

All of their processes will be setup to deal with sound quality & UX with physical buttons. Their teams are paid lots of money to make amps sound great & have usable buttons. Not to imagine someone sat on a phone controlling everything on a great sounding amp. To make a product with a fundamentally different focus is likely to require a complete overhaul of the development process. We can’t do what we don’t know, though. So most people will hire someone from a company that’s made an app before expecting that will solve it for them. The whole company will accidentally be working against the app development, and as such woefully underestimating where their design focus & budget should be.

That’s what I imagine every time I come across something that seems like it’s never been tested with humans, or seems happy to ignore a competitor who do it well.
Agreed. Or even worse...they just use DTS Play-Fi.......😖

Reactions: Revolutions

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts