marantz cr603 streamng advice needed

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys just needed some streaming advice as I am new to all this. I have just opened an iTunes account and now want to start using it through my 603 and will be bringing my pc downstairs though not close enough to the 603 so would like to go wireless. Having seen the Marantz rx101 adaptor I wondered if there was a cheaper alternative that connects to the system or whether it had to be that particular model.

I also wanted to know if the sound quality from iTunes isn't very good as I have burnt a couple of songs onto disc that I bought off iTunes, but when played back on the Marantz didn't sound brilliant imo. So am I burning them in the wrong format? dumb questions i.m sure but as I said, I,m still new to this so any help would be great, thanks guys.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
audioaddict said:
I also wanted to know if the sound quality from iTunes isn't very good as I have burnt a couple of songs onto disc that I bought off iTunes, but when played back on the Marantz didn't sound brilliant imo..

You are doing it the wrong way around. (Downloading iTunes tracks that aren't that good in the first place and then burning to CD.)

Rip a proper - not home made - CD to your iTunes.

I would suggest ripping your CDs in lossless (with error correction box ticked) and then sync'ing to your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch at 320K AAC VBR and then play it wirelessly - via AirPlay - through the M-CR603 either from your computer or from the iPhone (or whatever iDevice you are using).

Much better.

Listen to proper CDs on the M-CR603 and that should re-assure you that the CD player is fine. (Not home burnt ones with 'flat' iTunes downloads on them.)

TRENDING THREADS