marantz cr603 now single wired problem sorted sounds awsome

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
i now have my 603 single wired and wow what a difference. i managed to find the jumper bars for the cm1s cheap 79 strand cable and set to speaker a the sound is now powerful detailed and deep sounding. i also have not touched the tone controls so now i will listen for a week and hopefully keep it, thanks guys for all help given. :wave:

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
chebby said:
plastic penguin said:
Good stuff. How amazing a small tweak like changing cables can make. Enjoy.

It was changing from bi-amp that made the difference.

So could the monoblocs not be connected without bi-amping?
Just pointing out that it was changing the mode of operation from 'bi-amp' mode to single wire (menu/other/speaker setup/speaker A) that made the difference and not a change (or 'tweak') of cable brand as you wrote.

chebby said:
plastic penguin said:
chebby said:
plastic penguin said:
Good stuff. How amazing a small tweak like changing cables can make. Enjoy.

It was changing from bi-amp that made the difference.

So could the monoblocs not be connected without bi-amping?
Just pointing out that it was changing the mode of operation from 'bi-amp' mode to single wire (menu/other/speaker setup/speaker A) that made the difference and not a change (or 'tweak') of cable brand as you wrote.

I know - I was asking a separate question: Can monoblocs be re-configured, rather than bi-amping?

A

Anonymous

Glad you're all sorted; its a cracking little system :D

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Glad it's all worked out for you!

Just shows that sometimes it's simplest solution that works best.

Though I've still not figured out in my head why you needed different speaker wire to achieve it.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i think sometimes simpler is better . i will try and post a pic on here i can see me enjoying this more than my audiolab monoblocs though dont get me wrong, my audiolabs were high quality though as i said many times before for the money i didnt enjoy the system like i should have so im hoping the relatively small outlay for this will put a smile on my moosh

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
sorry major just saw what you wrote about the speaker cable . i only found the jumper bars this morning so maybe i can put my silver anniversary bi wire cable back in and leave the jumper bars in and leave the system in single wire mode, though to be honest with a system at this price im not sure how much difference it would make but might be worth a go.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
|( thanks johnno it will be nice not to have so many boxes i now just wanna sit and relax and have a good listen but still at work so will have to wait |(

A

Anonymous

Excellent news, 'addict; glad you've got the system sorted. Enjoy.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Glad its sorted, :) i'd have one in my rack if it only had a USB "b" input on the back. Kind of suprised it doesn't

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts