Marantz CD6007 & Powered Speakers

pedro_

Dec 29, 2022
Visit site
Hi! I'm interest in buying a Marantz CD6007 disk player.
I have some Ruark Audio mr1 mk2 (amplified speakers) already connected to a turntable, so I only have the optical or aux input to connect to the CD player.
In this sense:
1. How would you recommend connecting the Marantz CD6007 directly to the speakers? In this regard, can I directly connect the disk player to the speakers, without the need for pre-amplification?
2. I would also like to ask you if, from your experience, there is a loss of quality when optical cables are used instead of coaxial cables (on this particular setup, if applicable).

Thank you!

Last edited:
I have some Ruark Audio mr1 mk2 (amplified speakers) already connected to a turntable, so I only have the optical or aux input to connect to the CD player.
In this sense:
1. How would you recommend connecting the Marantz CD6007 directly to the speakers? In this regard, can I directly connect the reader to the speakers, without the need for pre-amplification?
2. I would also like to ask you if, from your experience, there is a loss of quality when optical cables are used instead of coaxial cables (on this particular setup, if applicable).

Thank you!
How do you adjust the volume on your current set-up?

Symples

Aug 12, 2021
Visit site
In this sense:
1. How would you recommend connecting the Marantz CD6007 directly to the speakers? In this regard, can I directly connect the disk player to the speakers, without the need for pre-amplification?

Thank you!

1. Connect the line out of the Marantz to the aux of the speakers. With the appropriate cable. Possibly an RCA (phono) to 3.5mm.
2. Optical output from the Marantz. Optical cable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts