Marantz CD6006 through an AV receiver

dave63

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I currently play music CDs on my Sony BDP-S 7200 Blu-ray player, through a Denon AVR 2805 receiver and Mission 773e floor standing speakers. In an ideal world I would have a separate stereo set up for listening to music but alas that isn’t practical so I am wondering if I would hear the higher sound quality a dedicated CD player (such as the Marantz CD6006 UK edition) would produce through my AV receiver. If I won’t there is little point in investing in the Marantz. Grateful for any views. Thanks

shadders

Hi,
If you are unhappy with the sound, then maybe try a different source.

The AV DAC IC's are stated to be Analog Devices, but no actual IC version. I was not able to locate the DAC IC in the Sony Blu-ray player. So, essentially, maybe try an external DAC to see if that makes any difference - they can be quite cheap for very good performance. The Blu-ray player has an RCA digital out only, so you will have to ensure that the DAC has the same input.

Regards,
Shadders.

Shadders has some valid points there.
I was going to suggest if you're unhappy with the sound from the Sony then do not replace it with a CD player but simply buy a CD transport ( Audiolab 6000cdt) and use the DAC in the AV amp.
No point paying for a load of DACs you aren't actually using.
Admittedly shadders suggestion would be the cheaper option.....and it's likely to give better results.

ClarkNovember

May 24, 2009
Visit site
Wouldn’t the OP already be using the AV amp’s DAC? I’d assume he is using an HDMI cable from the BDP to the amp?

If not, that might be the first thing to compare (analogue out from BDP versus HDMI out).

Reactions: jjbomber

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts