Marantz CD6006 - over current

Jessejames690

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

recently had a little spend on a marantz PM6005 and TT5005. To complete the system I purchased a CD6005 so I can utilise the front usb to play spotify using an ipad2. However I get a message that says "over current"

Please tell me the cd6005 supports iPads! Reading around other sites people seem to be using them fine.

Any idea how to fix the issue.

thanks

j

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
The CD6005 supports iPods and iPhones, but not iPads. If I recall correctly, the iPad 2 was known for needing quite a lot of juice to recharge it, and often wouldn't recharge from devices able to charge other iOS products, so you had to resort to the Apple-supplied mains charger.

Seems like the iPad 2 is trying to draw too much current from the Marantz in an effort to recharge itself, which is what's causing the problem. Others you say seem to be using iPads with no problem may be using more recent models, which don't seem so power-hungry.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Jessejames690 said:
Generally gutted. Rendered spotify useless. Thanks for the clarification.

Pick up an AEX, then you can stream from your iPad.

Even better, get an Amazon Fire TV, has Spotify connect as standard, use the spotify app on your ipad as remote control.

Or even a Pure i20 as a wired solution if you do not have a network to connect to.

Loads of solutions, it may even work if you connect via a USB powered hub. (some do, some don't)

tiny66

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I recently purhased one of these great cd players. Out of interest tried out my Ipad and had no problem playing music via apps and the built in music player. Today I thought I would try Spotify and got the error message!

Somewhat mistified I read this thread and saw Spiny Norman's post regarding drawing current to recharge itself. I realised my Ipad was at 15% charge so I reconnected the charger and tried again later at 75% - Voila! - We have Spotify! I don't know yet what limits to put on the required charge but it is working.

We have two iPad mini cables and two iPhone cables and some work, and some don't. But I have enjoyed Spotify on my cd6500 since finding out which one worked and staying with that one. I used a new cable and the iPad 2 at 7pc and I got the over current message. So play around a bit.

TRENDING THREADS