Marantz CD6006 - USB Input as DAC?

dazzjazz

Sep 17, 2021
Visit site
Hi,
I have a Marantz CD6006 and like it. I just realised the USB input functions as a DAC, so I signed up to Qobuz and I’m streaming music!
My question is - what resolution am I hearing? It sounds good to me, but after reading the manual, I’m not sure if I should actually spend money on a dedicated streamer (the Marantz NA6006 is not Qobuz compatible)

thanks
Darren

D

Deleted member 116933

Spending money is up to and how inconvenient you find playing files through the USB input is.

below is a snippet from the WHF review

"It’s a high-quality, high-resolution (24-bit/192kHz) Cirrus Logic CS4398 affair that’s capable of dealing with better-than-CD-quality digital files. It can be accessed via the USB input, so if you’ve any hi-res WAV files on a USB stick then the 6006 can becomes a hi-res audio player. The USB will also handle (lower quality) MP3, AAC and WMA files, as well as being a direct input for Apple devices."

So fully compatible with qobuz or any of the others a part from tidal and MQA, you just have to make sure your settings on your device are outputting properly and you'll hear the "best" sound you can.

You could "better" it quite cheaply and if you don't mind using a phone or computer a dragonfly isn't a bad place to start. Red, blue, cobalt up to you.

Reactions: shadders
D

Deleted member 116933

Thanks.
im just using my iPhone into the USB input. is that going to be 24-bit sound?

yep sure will, as long as you've told the qobuz app to output that when connected to wifi.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts