Marantz CD-67 Mk2 SE Vs. CD6002

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello guys, This is my first post. I was all set to buy the CD6002 but now got a very good offer for the legendary CD-67 Mk2 SE modified by T.S.Lim of Diva Audio, Singapore. I find the later player much better and gives a warm sound compared to the new CD6002. But the said player is around 9 years old if I am not wrong! I do not want to get into the confusion of another able contender at this point. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think it is still worth while to invest in an old machine, given everything else remains the same in the set up?

A

Anonymous

Thank you for responding.

The price difference is almost 50% lesser than the new CD6002 (in my native currency). The list of modifications done is a lot, fills up 2 pages! Sorry, am not a techie to understand the relavance of most of them. Hope this link gives you an idea-

http://www.divaaudio.com/diva/divacd.html

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="me.eccentric"]
Hope this link gives you an idea-
http://www.divaaudio.com/diva/divacd.html

[/quote]

That is a typical basic change for the cdp

The power outlet made no different to modded marantz nor the RCA sockets. The biggest improvement to the sound is when I did changed op amp and crystal clock (audiocom super clock 3) which Divaaudio website has no info on which ones they are using. They also hasn't mute the output circuit (ie headphone out) either.

It is hard to judge how good the sound of the modded machine is....for half price of cd6002 though well worth a buy. In England will cost you a lot more than that just to mod it.

A bit more info....

I have 3 moded Marantz (something I thought I had a go at a while back) You do get a lot more details and seem like no limit to the high&low frequancy however at the cost of musical presentation of original machine. Sound can become glassy! bright up top if partner wrongly.

A

Anonymous

Thank you Thaiman for that detailed reply. Really appreciate it.

The seller claims that changes you mentioned has all been incorporated in the modded machine. The headphone out part is taken care of and has removed all the muting circuit (?!) Has used copper bars instead of wires inside. (has a caution sticker on the back panel that advices you to switch off the amp first and then the cdp to avoid pop) I'm not great with electronics to understand all this. Can appreciate good sound though.

I tried to listen to the said player side by side with a borrowed CD6002 and I must say , am clearly impressed with the modded player. It might not be the most clinically accurate presenation, but I did like the soundstage and the overall warmth in sound.

Really wonder why some people find Marantz machines "bright" !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts