Marantz Amplifier PM66SE

Sara

May 12, 2016
Visit site
My Marantz CD67SE player was just DOA at my local distributor. Seems Marantz doesn't supply the necessary laser anymore. I am quite gutted by this news, but will have to mourn and move on. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for a CD player that will work well with the Marantz PM66SE amplifier and KEF Q35 speakers. I'm not willing to spend a fortune (up to 200 eur) and I am also planning on acquiring a turntable in the near future. Thanks in advance! :)

Sara said:
My Marantz CD67SE player was just DOA at my local distributor. Seems Marantz doesn't supply the necessary laser anymore. I am quite gutted by this news, but will have to mourn and move on. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for a CD player that will work well with the Marantz PM66SE amplifier and KEF Q35 speakers. I'm not willing to spend a fortune (up to 200 eur) and I am also planning on acquiring a turntable in the near future. Thanks in advance! :)

Welcome to the forum.

What has been stated by britain4 is correct in that the 63 and 67 are of the same family and to this end, and I quote "The original Philips CDM12.1 laser mech is no longer available, however the VAM1202 is an approved drop-in replacement"

Your 'local distributor' should know this and it sounds like they were hoping you'd buy a new one from them. Any decent repair centre should be able to replace the mechanism for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts