JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I have a Tacima at the moment and am thinking of getting an Isotek or something like that. Anyone have any experience or views on current and discontinued products?

A

Anonymous

No experience, but my view would be that a home demo would be an absolute must. I'd be gutted if I spent big on a conditioner and couldn't hear a difference (that justified the expenditure).

A

Anonymous

tractorboy:No experience, but my view would be that a home demo would be an absolute must. I'd be gutted if I spent big on a conditioner and couldn't hear a difference (that justified the expenditure).

Totally agree, as unless your mains is rubbish, the Tacima should be fine. You must have an upgrade itch at the mo!

A

Anonymous

joel, as someone who owns the tacima it has been my experience that its not actually that good imo. you would be doing yourself an injustice not to try other products.
however, before you consider spending big bucks on something like an Isotek (PS Audio would also be worth considering) i would urge you to try a BT mains conditioning unit. these are readily available via ebay and usually cost about 30 quid after postage. to give you an idea of how good i think these units are i know own three of them! for me there was nothing subtle about the difference they make - it was night and day.
just food for thought...

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
try the melin range - can be bought direct or off ebay at reduced prices and they offer a full 30 day money back guarantee - i have 3 or 4 tarantula mains blocks and think they're great

keep thinking about buying a black widow or funnel web to try!!

A

Anonymous

just so there's no confusion i think matengawhat means the Merlin range.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
I was just on hificables.co.uk and notice they have QED Qonduit mains blocks at a seemingly hefty discount.

I don't know if these are any good (I'm a happy Tacima owner, mainly because it has 6 sockets
emotion-1.gif
) but thought they may be worth checking out?

A

Anonymous

Your mans right about the BT mains conditioners! built like a brick outhouse and professional quality!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts