Mains conditioner / mains cables - any benefit for devices using digital outputs?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
A question for those that already accept that mains cables and conditioners can be of benefit in a system.... [:D]

Are mains products likely to improve the sound quality/picture quality from devices which use a digital output (i.e. HDMI, coax digital or toslink into a DAC or AV receiver) or will they only be a benefit in devices utilising some form of analogue audio or visual output (i.e. DAC, amp, TV)? Can mains interference disrupt digital signals enough to affect their processing and be visible/audible (assuming the digital interconnect is well shielded and the connections are good)?

idc

Many systems now use both, mine has USB and phonos and practically all AV setups will have both. Since I and others report improvements with conditioners, I would say that the answer is yes.

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
she short answer is yes mate, but my advise would be dont go mad they make a small improvement whether that be sound or picture,i would say get your self some good budget kit, for example a tacima c929 power block about £30 online a 6 way mains block, and try some russ andrews mains iec leads they are about £45 and russ andrews offers a lifetime warranty but even better you can try them if you dont think they work you can send them back free of charge so for example a tacima block £30 two mains leads £90 so for about £150 you can try them, as it depends on many factors your house mains supply and the kit you plug them in to.

with my arcam cd73 and rotel ra05 they really do work and my nad before that. they look nice and you can keep them for your future set up... hope this helps.

another option to save more cash is EBAY...

SteveR750

I use an audioline copper maines lead for the CDP, and all of the gear including TV from a Tacima conditioner. The amp has its own mains feed and nothing in the way; and no fancy cable. I'm struggling to hear or see any improvement to be honest, but I am using it and convince myself its better because I have paid for it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts