Mains cables/ conditioners

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am just wondering if its worth upgrading the standard power leads I got with my Cyrus equipment. I have the CD8vs and 8vs amp .2 x smart power plus's & 2 x psx-r power regulators.

My question really is, with having the Psx -r's in the system I am assuming they "clean" the power supply to the Amp & CD so would better power leads or/and a conditioner be worthwhile ?

any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

There are several posts in the Accessories forum on mains cables so have a look there. Mains cables cannot clean up the mains signal. You could look at a mains conditioner/filter but your power supply circuitry should already do a good job at this. Personally I struggle with the concept of replacement mains cables but many people claim to notice a difference so maybe pop down to your local hifi shop and have a listen to see if you feel it makes any difference. A good shop will probably loan you a cable so you can try it at home.

A

Anonymous

That's what I did,separate spur,I tried a few power cords,I think I would be kidding myself if I heard a difference,and even if I did,it wasn't worth the outlay.Try Russ andrews,True colours industries power cords as they allow you a 30 day trial,other wise it can be an expensive mistake.

I've never tried a mains conditioner,as I don't think I hear any problems,the only problems I hear are room acoustic ones,and that's where I prefer to place my money.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I am very sceptic too, having bought a few so call high end ones. The one that did work with my older system is Krystal Kables, not a well known name but I thought there was some improvment when I used it!
I got it for home trial and end up with one before I bought the Krell amp which refused to sound any different what ever power cables I was using.

A

Anonymous

Thanks to you all, for your comments, seems to me that the general feeling is, I'd be better spending my money on other areas. I'll keep saving for new speakers instead !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts