Magic Eye or Digisender?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have a magic eye setup in 2 other rooms. The problem is that the
picture is not so clever (Grainy) and every 1-2 weeks the light goes off and i
need to go into the sky menu and turn of the power to them and turn back on for
them to work. One of the magic eyes has developed a fault were if i touch it the
light goes off so i suspect there is a fault inside.

Rather than get
other sky box's in the room's i have noticed the Digisender and am a little
curious. My question is this,
1. Are they discreat like the magic eye
2. Can i control the channels etc through it in the same way from other rooms
3. Which is the best to buy
4. Will it work in the same way as my current magic eye

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
First and foremost, if you have a magic eye in two rooms, then you must be using an RF splitter. Only the Sky splitter will work properly with the Sky magic eyes. So if you are using a non Sky splitter then that will be the problem.

A

Anonymous

I am using a Antiference Remote Link LPA 140D - not sure if this is a Sky splitter as you mention

daveh75

mark8par:I currently have a magic eye setup in 2 other rooms. The problem is that the
picture is not so clever (Grainy) and every 1-2 weeks the light goes off and i
need to go into the sky menu and turn of the power to them and turn back on for
them to work. One of the magic eyes has developed a fault were if i touch it the
light goes off so i suspect there is a fault inside.

Not much you can do about the grainy picture,that a consequence of feeding a low quality video source into a TV designed to display HD... The faulty magic eye is probably whats causing you to have to power off/on the eyes to get them to work though.

The RF2 outputs on Sky boxes have short protection/trip switches, and the faulty eye is most likely causing a short and causing the rf2 output to trip.

Rather than get
other sky box's in the room's i have noticed the Digisender and am a little
curious. My question is this,
1. Are they discreat like the magic eyeNot really, digisenders consist of a transmitter unit that connects to your source (Sky box) and a receiver unit that connects to your TV(s)

2. Can i control the channels etc through it in the same way from other rooms Digisenders usually have an IR sensor built into the receiver and the transmitter will have an IR emitter that has to be attached on/near your sources (Sky box) IR sensor,

3. Which is the best to buyIME, digisenders never work that well and suffer from interference, but if you do go down this route i'd recommend buying from somewhere that will you allow you to return them for a refund, and i would avoid the 2.4 GHz ones as the majority of wireless devices operate on this band e.g DECT phones, B/B routers etc, and go for the 5.8GHz ones as this band is less crowded.

4. Will it work in the same way as my current magic eye Not really sure what you're asking here, tbh.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts