Mad Max : Fury Road

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Anyone else buzzing about them making another Mad max film? Personally I loved them, Mad Max 2 definitely being my favourite though. The Mad Max car is awesome

Still, 1st things 1st. I'm REALLY excited about 'the Thing' later on this year (maybe into next year over here though)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I've not read anything about the Mad Max movie, but I'm looking forward to it as Tom Hardy seems to be a very good actor, and throws himself fully at a role, as we've seen in Bronson.

As for The Thing prequel, I'm a major fan of the 'original', and have serious doubts as to whether it's going to be anywhere near the awesomeness of the Carpenter classic. I have read a bit about the way the director is trying to stick to real special effects as much as possible, which sounds promising.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Yes i am looking forward to a new Mad Max and the Thing.

I agree Mad Max 2 The Road Warrior is the best one. Hope they keep the essence of the originals whilst giving us something creatively different i.e. not just a mash up of death race and fast and furious.

The Thing again hope they get a nice fit with Carpenters , am looking forward to it.

The one that has got me really buzzing though is Django Unchained i'm trying not to think about it to much though or my head will explode.
smiley-laughing.gif

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Is Mad Max back on then? The last I heard, which was a couple of months ago, was that the production had been shelved.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
From March 12th 2011

Here's what director George Miller had to say about it:

“We will restart pre-production later this year and begin early next year—weather permitting. We’ve built the vehicles. We’ve designed the movie. The principal cast is locked in. The film is funded. It’s all ready to go. We just wait."

“All the contracts are signed. It’s a locked-in film. It has been for 18 months now. Ironically, had we been shooting in Broken Hill in January and February—when we were meant to—we would have been flooded out.”

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
As for The Thing prequel, I'm a major fan of the 'original', and have serious doubts as to whether it's going to be anywhere near the awesomeness of the Carpenter classic. I have read a bit about the way the director is trying to stick to real special effects as much as possible, which sounds promising.

From what ive read, I have faith (hope?) that theyre going to do a VERY good job of it. Ive also heard that it may also continue from where the original left off after the norwegian camp part is shown. Effectively making it a prequal AND a sequal (though how theyre going to write that into the script is anyones guess right now)

Im like you though, ill be gutted if they make a mess of it

CaptainKirk

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Doing a prequel to The Thing offers many avenues. It could be based on the original Norwegian team that found the UFO, or they can even take it back further to when it crashed. The trick will be how to do it with out the suprise shock element of the original since the audience knows what it is about. It will be more a case of Who-Is-It or Who-Will-Be-Next. As for the sequel, well that too could be fun - perhaps Kurt Russell gets defrosted LOL. I've got a few more ideas myself - may be I should shut up and cash in on it. But yes, just hope it won't be dissapointing.

Mad Max will be 'interesting' too - is it going to be his son (like Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls) LOL?

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
CaptainKirk said:
Mad Max will be 'interesting' too - is it going to be his son (like Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls) LOL?

Im sort of hoping its just a re-imagining of the same mad max played by another actor

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts