Macbook USB to Topping D90SE DAC

tsaoandy

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi fellow WHF,
hope you can help me trouble shoot this. I have been listening to CD and stream using the DAC inside my Esoteric CD/SACD player. So I have not really bothered about high res, but recently thought Bluetooth signal can be handy even though it's not high res, however I thought a newer DAC can be an upgrade to the sound.
I just received Topping D90SE DAC today, and used USB output from my MacBook, and realised everything is 44.1 khz, I checked my Qobuz set up, but it's is on high res up to 192khz, still on the screen, it says 44khz. Is it because USB is limited to 44.1 kHz? it's the newer MacBook that only does USB type c out, so I had to use USB adapter, is that why it's not working?
If it's to do with software, is there a place where I can update in order to play high res?
Cheers
Andy

tsaoandy

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Thank you very much Vincent, I think I have found something that supports the high res format called Audirvana, I could transfer my playlist from Qobuz and then my DAC starts to show the sample rate. I am on 30 days trial. Do recommend if you know other ones.
Regards
Andy

Tinman1952

Thank you very much Vincent, I think I have found something that supports the high res format called Audirvana, I could transfer my playlist from Qobuz and then my DAC starts to show the sample rate. I am on 30 days trial. Do recommend if you know other ones.
Regards
Andy
Good choice! Audirvana is about as good as it gets for computer playback in my opinion....👍

Reactions: tsaoandy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts