MA RX2 on Denon Ceol - will it work?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I just purchased the Denon Ceol at sevenoakes in london, as it was on sale for £299. Now i need to select some bookshelf speakers for this. I am leaning towards the MA RX2, but i am in doubt if the Denon is powerful enough to drive these speakers at a dencent volume. Has anyone tried this or know if this is possible?

Alternatively I will have to look at Focal 806v, B&W dm685 or MA RX1...

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Now thats a clear answer :grin:

Is there any specific kind of cables that will work better than onthers for this setup? I'm not gonna go spend $500 on some high end cables, but if I can get hints on the type of cables needed, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
The cable debate will rage on, but I am now using some generic AWG 12 OFC cable from a hardware store in preference to some £15/m stuff I bought. (In preference only because it's easier to manage, it sounds identical to my ears). So long as you get a reasonable thickness the differences will be at best subtle.

Others may disagree.

I would also try some cheaper speakers as you'll likely not get the best out of them, but in that price range I like the Dali Ikon 1 and 2.

A

Anonymous

I have decided on the RX2 after reading multiple statements saying that these speakers are easier to drive than the other options with similar sound capabilities. Should I then at some point upgrade the amp to a full system, or maybe a surround system, I will have speakers that will be capable of handling this and possibly act as front speakers.

I am thinking of getting som standard cable of 4mm^2 thickness - is this a sound choice (or will 2,5mm^2 be better)?

Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts