MA Radius 225 mounting options!!

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, I have three 225 radius speakers for LCR and the centre sits flat on the wall using the bracket supplied which in turn hangs on the screw heads.

However as the L/R are 11 feet apart having these flush to the wall seems not quite right as the sound will whoosh past me, if they toed in slightly so the sound crossed over in front of me would be superb, so how do I overcome the problem of not flush mounting to the wall when that's the only bracket they do?!!

I will not and do not want to stand on shelves.

Ghe only thing i can think of is some wooden wedges screwed to the wall then speaker hangs on the head of screws screwed in the wedge.

Anyone done this or has other suggestions??

Many thanks

ric71

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I had the same issue with my R225HD's the only solution I could also think of was wooden wedges fixed to the wall. Sounded great though.

Juzzie Wuzzie

Would have thought wood wedges, painted the same as the wall, would be the way to go - and almost imposible to see. I guess you could even experiment with, say, inch wide wedges purely for the mounting points, or a wedge that is the full length of the speaker.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for you're replies, it's as I thought!! I even did think a Radius 180 swivel bracket fixed to speaker were the two wall brackets fix!! This may work!! Il keep you posted. Ric71 how do you find the anti mode??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts