Luxman, Triangle and Marantz working perfectly together

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I’m happy enough with the Luxman D-03x. 😊
I did get offered the d07 for £7500 but wanted to still be married so thought better of it.

Can i ask how the Luxman D-03X CD player compares with your old Marantz SA14S1SE ?

My SA14S1SE has so far seen off allcomers - including the almost universally praised (I think except for me) Marantz SA Ki Ruby.
I'm currently trying an Audiolab 6000cdt CD transport with Denafrips DACS to see if that's an improver.

quite a tough question, as I’d been using a Meridian CD player in between selling the Marantz and buying the Luxman. I also only ever listened to the Marantz with the matching amp, whereas the Luxman has always been used with the 509x.
ive found the luxman a big step up in quality. everything the Marantz did well, the Luxman does better. Wider soundstage, less grain, deep bass, clarity, and wonderfully musical. not as laid back as the Marantz but never fatiguing. The amp has way more control of the speakers, the Marantz was a bad match with the triangle speakers, but really performed exceptionally with Focal.
if I were to have the Marantz pair again, I would use focal speakers.

Reactions: Hawkwind16

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Ha ha. What a beautiful looking system you have. We've moved ours now. Because of the builders we have far too much stuff crammed into the room we're consigned to. We decided to move the lights. Now the speakers have nothing on top. Was worried they might walk on to the floor when the volume's at tinnitus inducing levels. 🤣

Today, I put the audio icing on the cake. I had bought some cables on eBay and they have arrived.
not a very well known brand, but Fantastic quality.
they are Ricable Dedalus MKII. What a great final addition to my setup. 😊
clarity, realism, punch, top end sparkle, all improved. Just sat enjoying my music, it literally sounds like I’m in the recording studio with the artists.
image.jpg

Gray

clarity, realism, punch, top end sparkle, all improved.
That sounds like something WHF might say in a review.
It (surely) means that, if someone were to swap back to their original cable without their knowledge, they would instantly be able to tell -;and they'd (surely) be happy to bet a lot of money on the fact that they could 🤔.
Would that apply to you?

Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts