LP12 Alternative

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am seriously considering purchasing a Linn LP12 fairly new on eBAY. I guess I would be going for one around the £1000 mark. However, it would be great if anybody could consider an alternative to one...I really don't know that much about turntables sadly! I don't mind buying second hand - any age considered really, as long as they are in mint condition. I was also looking at a Technics SL-1200 from the 70s and upgrading the arm and cartridge to high standards...I've heard this DJ classic has lots of hidden quality wrecked by the cartridge and especially the tone arm. Any suggestions appreciated, along with the usual "ah, you don't need one" or "you need a better pre-amp", it is your opinion after all! : ) Oh, and the pre-amp I will be using is the one built in the Arcam FMJ A32. Cheers!

A

Anonymous

ooh, nice! I'll have to have a think - see if I can get any other turntables that I like...my mate has a LP12 and I'll have a listen to it...same spec, although he upgraded the power supply. Cheers!

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
michell gyro se which i have owned but lacks the lp 12's involvement, roksan xerses great detail at low listening levels, heybrook tt2 but part's maybe an issue, pink triangle. apart from the pink i have owned all 3 tt's but the linn is the one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts