Loudspeaker Cable

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

l have recently purchased a pair of Monitor Audio RS1 'speakers & l'm very happy with them.

l like a crisp, detailed sound, as opposed to a warm, lush sound.

The cable l'm using at present is DNM Reson Mk2, with the 'speakers being driven by an Onkyo 515.

l know l can get more from the 'speakers & may look to change the Onkyo in the future.

Anyone with any advice in terms of better 'speaker cable?

A

Anonymous

I used to use DNM reson mark 2 on my MA s1's. It is an excellent cable and to my ears is a level above qed silver anniversary, good cable that it is. I have demo'd the dnm directly against the qed on a set of S1's and the qed is brighter and noticeably lighter in the bass.Grainier sounding too.Its not as good as reson, for me anyway, but as d a n1979 says, its good and as you like a crisp sound it may be worth a listen.

I demo'd qed x tube 400, xtube 350 and chord company odyssey 2. I went for x tube 400. It has a deeper less bright sound compared to odyssey.Although the odyssey was good and highly detailed it sounded too bright on the S1's, and i am the same as you in that i like a slightly bright sound. What i would consider though, and i am thinking about this myself, is using xtube 400 on the woofers and x tube 350 on the tweeters.Being the same make and design there should be no problems with doing that.The xtube 350 has copper strands coated with 20% silver as opposed to 100% covering on the xTube 400.The extra silver on the 400 really brings out the midrange and improves bass making it the best for the woofers but the 350 is slightly less sibilant and bright, which i think might suit the tweeters better and give a more balanced sound. Its pricey cable but you can get it a good bit cheaper than rrp if you check the net.

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="d_a_n1979"]Take a look at the QED Silver Anniversary cable. Very good and will suit the RS1's[/quote]
and thats your 2nd system lots of us would be happy with that as a 1st system your a lucky man to have two systems.. which bw for 1st system have you in mind ?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="biggus_1961"][quote user="d_a_n1979"]Take a look at the QED Silver Anniversary cable. Very good and will suit the RS1's[/quote]
and thats your 2nd system lots of us would be happy with that as a 1st system your a lucky man to have two systems.. which bw for 1st system have you in mind ?[/quote]

I've no idea yet... I'm sincerely toying with the idea of going for Cyrus Pre and then a load of mono-blocks to go with either the B&W 703's, 803D's or the 804S's.

I may consider the Cyrus Pre with the power amp's and seperate power supplies and either the B&W 683's or the CM7's though too! I've already auditioned these 2 set-ups and they were amazing. Just depends on my budget once my 'listening room' has been completed!

A

Anonymous

I had quite a long chat with a technnical chap at MA about a bit of excess bass bloom when I was using vdH cabling and was steered towards Chord's Odyssey 4. This is the cable that the speakers were developed with, and I'd wholeheartedly recommend them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts